New Loan horse - and he's an ex-racer!

Apalacia01

Visit site
Haven't been on in a while as have recently emigrated to South Carolina in the States to do Graduate Studies.... so hi y'all!!

Well...I feel a bit weird as I have already gotten myself a new beastie! The poor pony would be devestated! Anyway, his name is Timely, he is a 4.5 y/o ex-racer (guess he really wasn't any good) who hasn't really done anything. Have ridden him once - was actually very similar to the pony - liked to go overbent, forward going, didn't really turn/have brakes but all good things to work on. So all of you with ex-racers, tell me, how do you re-school them? (Broke the pony myself so ok, just wondering what sort of mannerisms I should look out for!)

So yeah, will get some photos of the beast. Must say though, he is ruddy uncomfortable, and a wee bit bigger than the pony!! (16.1hh - argh!)

Eaglestone

Visit site
Ha ha ha yes my TB Ex Flattie is uncomfortable and I hate riding him ... originally came as a companion and has stayed 8 years .....

Good Luck
smile.gif

Eaglestone

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So its going to be uncomfortable then? Feels like riding a camel!!! Never, ever riding him bareback! Want to lunge him just to see how his gait looks too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put it like this ... Motor feels like he has full found suspension and feels all 'rubbery' and is sooooooooo comfortable ... and when I ride the TB I can feel each front leg moving
confused.gif
... so to me it is uncomfortable
crazy.gif