New long boots cutting in at the back of the knee?

QueenDee_

Visit site
Ordered some lovely Tredstep Raphael boots in regular which according to the measurements should have been a perfect fit height/width wise but they've just arrived and seem too tall, they cut in at the back of the knee. How much can I expect them to drop at the back once worn in? And how long do long boots usually take to drop down?

Auslander

Visit site
Ordered some lovely Tredstep Raphael boots in regular which according to the measurements should have been a perfect fit height/width wise but they've just arrived and seem too tall, they cut in at the back of the knee. How much can I expect them to drop at the back once worn in? And how long do long boots usually take to drop down?

Try and tough it out if you can. They will drop, and feel better, but it will take a while. I used to put a strip of wide elastoplast across the back of my knee while breaking boots in - stops you getting rubbed! How long it takes depends on the boots - hard, stiff ones take longer. Wear them as much as you can.
I used to stand in the trough and saturate mine, then wear them til they were dry -really helps to mould them, but I appreciate that not everyone is up for doing something so drastic!

LeannePip

Visit site
My tredsteps took about 6 weeks to break in - they are now an absolute perfect fit - but during those 6 weeks it was agony! i have scars on the backs of my knees and ankles to prove it! i found compeed blister plasters the best, they actually last a couple of days even in the shower!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
This always happens when I buy new boots but only on one leg, you can get heal lifts you can put into the boots failing that a pair of socks floded flat did the trick for mine until they drop then you can take them out, as cuts behind the knee really hurt and make riding very unfomfortable so it just stops the rubbing until they do.

JustKickOn

Visit site
Get some heel raisers, slather them in Stuben hamanol and do some squats. Then walk and walk and walk and tough it out. My boots were like that, I fought through and now they're so comfy. If you can, get some medi tape (the fabric stuff) and pop a couple of layers on your skin back of the knee, saves on blisters!