New name for new horse - suggestions pretty please!

fathorselover

Visit site
Hey! I am getting a new horse, but I don't like her name (Tilly) plus another horse on my yard already has this name. She only has a petID passport, issued I assume when she arrived on the boat from Ireland about 18 months ago (she is 8). I think it is quite easy to change their name on this type of passport, however I am totally devoid of ideas (found it hard enough to name my children!)

I was thinking a pretty welsh name as we think she may be a welsh x tb but any suggestions gratefully received! She is a black mare with a stripe.

Shay

Visit site
It isn't impossible to change any horse's passport name - but you don't necessarily have to go that far. You can call her something different from her passport name. Lots of people do. If you do decide to change her passport make sure you check as to charges and any limitations if you intend to compete affiliated. Or indeed if she has ever competed affiliated and picked up points somewhere. I presume she is micro chipped so any passport could only be issued as a replacement which might impact on re-sale if that is something you were thinking about.

fathorselover

Visit site
well from what i can find out this is a horse with zero traceable history - I have tried believe me and I am usually a thoroughly excellent internet sleuth!! There is no breeding, sire, dam, anything on passport, just the name tilly on its own, and it just says thoroughbred x. The people I am buying her off bought her for their daughter who has now lost interest, they got her from a dealer who got her from ireland and all they know is that she has hunted - nothing else! first registered owner is whoever registered her in wales. She is very green and the chances that she has done any affiliated competing are extremely slim I would say!

I'm not really worried about any of this as I have done my research and apparently it is very easy to change a name on a petID passport - to be honest I was more looking for name inspiration!

chilledoutpony

Visit site
I got a new pony and changed his name, his old name is on the passport so the name I changed it to is just his 'stable name'😂

Maybe:
Tia?
Kitty?
Willow?
Gussie?

M&M&G

Visit site
What colour is she? Does she have any distinctive markings? What is her character like? It might help to find a name to suit her.

M&M&G

Visit site
She is black, suspect welsh x tb, and has a lovely even stripe down her face! Seems very gentle and kind.

ooh lovely, just my type! Funnily enough I was thinking Florence too tho not Welsh, it is a kind name. There are some lovely Welsh girls names, I would google for a list with meanings and find one you like or where the description applies. This is what we did. Good luck, I am sure a name will come to you which will just fit.

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
I like Florence too - and Flo for short?

What about Ginny, (I knew a very dark bay TB with a stripe called Ginny once) or Missy, or what about Angelica, if she is actually black.