New pony has turned to psycho beast! (Sorry, very long one)

Ginn

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You don't actually. This horse just has never had a good teacher. Please do get help from an RA and you'll be able to retrain this horse without any force or aggression.

We all deserve a second chance, and to be treated with respect. Students learn much faster and better with a teacher who is kind & enthuastic & firm, rather than tough and frightening. Please do consider an RA who will be able to help you. You don't want a horse who is scared of you, as that will lead directly to accidents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about force and aggression, and tough and frightening?A horse needs a bit of fear to have respect, it is no bad thing. This mare has neither, and is dangerous for all concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true! She got a bl**dy good wallop this eveing when she tried to shove past me, I have learn't very quickly with Tilly that a horse who respects you is a much nicer animal to have around but to achieve this takes consistency and firmness and the occasional clout!

As for RA's, anyone with common sense should use it, not pay for someone to show them how to. Just my opinion but I have seen much better results without this - if you have trust and respect then you laughing!