New Pony is Here!!! (pics)

Iwantakitten

Visit site
I'm so excited! The new pone is here. So I would like to introduce to you all, Dizzy
:) 14.2hh appy x NF

wp_ss_20150429_0001_zps36rhlrrf.png

wp_ss_20150412_0003_zps392ihgl6.png

Iwantakitten

Visit site
He's a real sweetie so honest and will try anything for you. He's just turned 7 and not done a lot apart from a bit of schooling and lots of hacking so plan to get him out hacking up hills to build some muscle and get him out to a couple fun rides and local shows this summer. He walked off the trailer as cool as a cucumber and into his stable as if he's been here his whole life. He is ear shy and his old owner not sure why, but he does have a nick out the top of one ear so maybe a tag or something but we can build the bridle around his head and work on that gently, got all the time in the world.

Iwantakitten

Visit site
First ride today, just 15-20 mins in the school but he was fab, not spooky at all and the yo was leading ponies past and hay. Does wonders for your confidence! Hacking planned for tomorrow, can't wait! :D

GemG

Visit site
Congrats. I am very partial to a spotty. ..nice markings!

With his breeding he should have an easy temperament, be easy kept, good doer and have decent hard feet hopefully and should cope with anything you throw at him. ....Looks like he just needs some decent groundwork to build those muscles in the right places. Well done, you must be so excited!

Iwantakitten

Visit site
Congrats. I am very partial to a spotty. ..nice markings!

With his breeding he should have an easy temperament, be easy kept, good doer and have decent hard feet hopefully and should cope with anything you throw at him. ....Looks like he just needs some decent groundwork to build those muscles in the right places. Well done, you must be so excited!

Yes he is fab on the ground, very quiet and honest, will try anything you ask although a little nervous at the moment, nothing naughty just a little jumpy but he has only been here 4 days! He is VERY weedy at the moment but it's nice that he isn't overweight so we have a good base to work with :) he's just so lovely, I can't get over it haha!

GemG

Visit site
You can see all the spotty characteristics in the pics (obviously the blanket and spots!)....

...the mottled or particolouredskin on muzzle, striped hooves and white sclera of his eyes (like a human eye, so you can see exactly where he is looking lol!). He has quite a lot of white hairs in his solid bits on his face, so he may slowly roan out over the years, bit by bit, leaving any hidden spots behind and/or possibly varnish marks (on boney bits of face, ears, knees and hocks).

This boy in this photo I've attached started off life as a blanket spot, this photo age 19 years....

Sorry didn't mean to hijack your post, just nice to see a fellow spotty!

752bbf8f-08d8-4e9d-8d39-7c82cddca87a_zpsotorvmkt.jpg

I wonder if some silly person cut his ear when they tried to trim him in his past?! Poor boy, I'm sure you will gain his trust given plenty of time.

Last edited: