New pup - excuse for a pic

Jenz

Visit site
Hi All,

I've never posted a pic before and read a post earlier with someone telling someone else how to do it, so thought I'd give it a go!

This is my new pup, just got him last week. I've adopted him and he's 6 months old (not really a pup I suppose). I was umming and ahring whether or not to get a dog and his owners had him in a little flat and then found out the girlfriend is pregnant, so maybe I could give him a better home. I've always been a big-dog-person, but actually he's ok! Never had a terrier before, and already getting used to their selective hearing and 'what's in it for me' attitude.

He (his name is Jay) is a Scottie, although according to the Kennel Club breed standard "large, wide bases ears are highly undesirable"... never mind! Maybe he'll grow into them!

J5months.jpg

Jenz

Visit site
Thanks everyone! He is a cutey and he knows it!

House training pretty much sorted now (phew, house still smells of Dettol though), puppy training next. I'm not sure if he knows what his name is but he doesn't come when I call it!! Had a springer and a GSD x rotty before who both had impecible obidience (ok, it took a while with the springer!) but this little fella is very different, a definite terrier.

I'll keep you posted with progress and pics.

PucciNPoni

Visit site
Awwwww, wee scotty pup - he's a cutie.

Just make sure the groomer leaves a tuft of ears on the inner edges on the bottom half the ear and that will visually pull them in.
wink.gif

Have fun iwth him - and yeah, six months is still a pup!
smile.gif