New puppy post

Antw23uk

Visit site
This feels like years in the making and two weeks ago we had all but given up on the idea of a second dog following some slow progress trying to adopt a rescue from abroad and not even getting a look in on puppies in UK rescues and my refusal to spend stupid money on a puppy with the current covid prices!

Then last weekend i was flicking through preloved (bad habit) and there was a litter of working collie puppies listed, locally and for a sensible price. I'm usually a message first kinda guy but i showed the ad to my OH and said I'm calling them now. They agreed and twenty minutes later we were cuddling a bunch of four week old collie puppies.

Three were already sold so we had the choice from two bitches and a dog. I was told many years ago to always pick the puppy that runs up to your first and so was delighted when a little black and white bitch woke up and came rushing over to chew on my fingers AND was available. I kept quiet until my OH had a think about which one we'd like and he chose the same little bitch so I'm totally delighted and over the moon. We went back on Sunday for five week old puppy cuddles and they are just so beautiful. Mum and dad are working dogs but the pups are being reared in the house with the last week spending time in the garden. A good balance of raw and kibble to wean them makes me a happy bunny (I'm a BIG fan of feeding RAW/BARF) so everything just feels right :)

Millie joins us towards the end of July and i am so excited and totally in love with her already :) Hopefully the pics will load :) We've been very specific with wanting a puppy, bitch ... and a collie, I'm not sure i could cope with anything else brain wise, lol! She will join our 7 yr old collie girl who is just a dream to own. I cant wait to get that sponge like brain home to absorb knowledge and create another perfect happy dog and I'm thinking agility or flyball as equestrian life didnt work for me doing anymore than agility training with Bells and i hanker for competing again :)

Attachments

• Millie 1.jpg
    Millie 1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Millie 2.jpg
    Millie 2.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 34

Moobli

Visit site
She is beautiful. Best of luck with her. We welcome a collie pup into our home at the end of this month too and I am very excited. Please keep us updated on how Millie settles in.

Shady

Visit site
She is just lovely Ant. So pretty :):)
I can't imagine what it's like having a sponge brain dog. :D.
Your'e going to be like I was before yesterday, counting the days before you can pick her up . It's torture !
I'll look forward to your updates:)