New Puppy!

DressageCob

Visit site
On Saturday I picked up a new puppy. I haven't had a dog for 5 years, since we lost the family dog aged 15. I've never had a dog of my own before. I moved into my new house which is nearly fully renovated on the same day because we needed to live together, and I didn't want the pup to have the upheaval of settling into my parents' house and then being moved to my house. So it's all been rather a lot!

We had crying all the way home, howling at night and various accidents, but so far so good and I just love him ❤️

IMG_2263.JPG
IMG_2264.JPG
IMG_2265.JPG

misst

Visit site
He is lovely :). I do love a little terrier. We collected our new little girl last week. We lost our JRT in November and although I miss her still a new baby always helps :) enjoy him.

DressageCob

Visit site
He is lovely :). I do love a little terrier. We collected our new little girl last week. We lost our JRT in November and although I miss her still a new baby always helps :) enjoy him.

I love a little terrier too! My original dog was a lakie. But I decided to go for something completely different this time...Eddie the lake was trying in many ways but super rewarding. I'm told the GBGVs are also trying in many ways, so I'm just hoping Henry is as rewarding ?

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope your new little girl is all settled in and lovely ?

{97702}

Visit site
For the ignorant amongst us, wha wrong is a GBGV?

it’s a Grande Basset Griffon Vendeen - which is just like the Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen but bigger! (Spellings are probably wrong, I didn’t google them)

I think they are lovely looking dogs - both breeds - but they do have a reputation for being very wilful and real through and through hunters. The couple of PBGV’s I’ve met have been quite snappy and snipey, but that’s not to say they are all like that by any means

Clodagh

Visit site
We had a GBGV called Spree. She was an ex hare hound (back in the day). She was the most charming and delightful dog. She was completely untrainable ( but was 8 when we got her) but her face made you forgive all.
He is gorgeous, OP, have fun!

palo1

Visit site
Just so gorgeous that you may forgive many sins...! IF I were ever to have another scent hunting sort of hound I would love one of these or even a basset fauve de Bretagne. But I currently need a rest from the many delightful characteristics of scent hounds. What have you called this delightful pup OP? :)