New riding hat

Smiler33

Visit site
OK, so I'm now in the market for a new riding hat as my poor old one isn't up to scratch really. There's a lot out there - which would people recommend? I hack, do dressage and very low level cross country/jumping (teeny tiny twigs really ;)) plus there's a chance I might do a ridden class at a show on a friend's cob.

Last edited:

becca1305

Visit site
Hey I wouldn't like to recommend a helmet as don't do showing so don't know what type you need for that. However just wanted to say in case you didn't know its international helmet awareness day this saturday with stores that are signed up to the day offering a % off helmets so perhaps a good time to buy :). I'm taking my cousins little lad to get a new one as he's outgrown his.

*RedRaider*

Visit site
Me too! After having my hat for 8 years now I've decided its time for a new one. So hard to choose though there are soo many, so this could be a useful thread.
Going to a saddlers tomorrow to look at a few especially as it is helmet awareness day, so any discount is always appreciated :p
I've heard the Charles Owen 4 star, and the HS1 hats are popular at the moment, so will have to have a look.

Last edited:

Smiler33

Visit site
Thank you - I'd heard it's the helmet awareness day but unfortunately none of my local saddlers are promoting this - typical :(.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
The only hat I would recommend is one that I'd fitted to you properly. I have always wanted a champion but it doesn't fit my head shape only Charles Owen does so that is all I can buy.

PleaseVenus

Visit site
Is there a way of knowing/finding out which shops are promoting it?
I have the champion junior jockey pro-lite or something like that and it feels a bit slippy, so sounds quite tempting :p