New saddle needed, good fitters in North Yorkshire??

Batgirl

Visit site
Have to sell my new boy's saddle, it would seem that when he is not a roly poly his saddle is far too wide. Luckily my YO has one that fits that I can borrow for a couple of months (creepily it was Bat Man's saddle, the horse I loaned from her for 2 years) and when I get him to the right weight I want to get a couple of fitters out to the yard to see what's what.

Now I mentioned one in Wetherby and was told not to bother. Preferably I want 2nd hand but fit is obviously the most important so who is there that will come to me?? (previous threads have mentioned R and R and rideaway but you have to go to them)

Muchas Gracias

kirstyl

Visit site
I'm in north Leeds and travelled to David Baxter at Throstlenest Saddlery. He was great and very honest. I went with the intention of buying a new saddle but he re fitted my existig one!

LouS

Visit site
I use Andy Wheals, he comes from quite far but he's the only one I've found so far that I'm happy with. He only sells new but he will fit what you've already got if he can.

Batgirl

Visit site
I do keep hearing good things about Throstlenest, are they the shop in Barnsley? I can't see anything about fitting on their website?

To be fair his current saddle is not only far too wide but it is a bit short for me and him too so won't want a refit, have just advertised it on facebook etc :)