NEW stables!!! WOOHOO

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
the webiste could not have stated that it not true as it is a company webite - they coudl be sued for incorrect info.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read it again, you couldn't sue them for jack!

TBH it doesn't matter what you think, what they think, what anyone on here thinks- it is up to the planning authorities. PP is a complicated business dependant almost totally on the circumstances of individual properties and proposed plans.

Good luck with the pp, hope you get it
grin.gif
sounds lovely...

Malibu

Visit site
Thank you LZT, yes i will ahve mum tell em all about it, i cant see her doing it wrongly, she does everything proper! sO i trust her as i have NO idea! as you can probaly tell! will keep you updated thanks

ihatework

Visit site
Deffo speak to the planners to make 100% sure, but I can say for certain that where my boys are didn't need PP as the stables were built in the back garden and the owner sought the planners assurances before going ahead. There are all sorts of clauses surrounding it though and hoops to jump through. Best to keep on the right side of the planners just in case you want to put a school in at a later date etc.

VictoriaEDT

www.equinedental.co.uk
Hi

I am in a similar position. I have just bought a renovated farmhouse in Chard somerset and the garden is about an acre (with another 4.5 paddock along side). Although it is the "garden" it looks more like a paddock! So we had the planners over and they said:
-as long as the stables cant be seen from the road
-stables are built 5m away from the house and 1m away from the boundary
- The groundworks are 50% or under the size of the garden
Then we dont need planning permission. Having said that, we need to be in contact with the planners letting them know about drainage and roof colour.

However, if we wanted to erect the stables in the paddock and not the garden, we do need planning. This is for two 12x12s, one 14x12, one 14x14, one 12x12 tack room, one 16x12 hay barn.

I have trawled through many many companies and eventually chose Redmire because of their great reputation. They arent cheap but compared to some they arent that expensive!

Equibeau

Visit site
Yep, mine are "within the curtilage of the dwelling house", so no PP was required. They did come to check that I wasnt pulling a fast one, though!