new stirrup design

adsthelad

Visit site
Rich people who like to have all the new stuff :)

And I suppose the safety aspect is appealing (if you can swallow that price tag), but personally I'm not a fan of how they look!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I like them but I think I might be waiting for the Chinese rip off :)

I think they have a market, safety conscious adults who want nice looking stirrups, but not at that price !!!

Archangel

Visit site
You would think that at that price someone would have checked the advert - I mean 'roots' - really.

I don't like them. I would somehow manage to stab myself with the pointy bit.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I misread it and thought at 39 quid they are just a cheap knock off of freejumps (another pointless waste of money what is so special about them either?!) :D

silv

Visit site
I really like them and think they would be great with the cushioned non slip treads, however no way could I ever justify spending that amount of money on stirrups.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
TBF (to be fair for the uninitiated)... there are plenty of people around who would buy that, you know, like me.....

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
You would think that at that price someone would have checked the advert - I mean 'roots' - really.

I don't like them. I would somehow manage to stab myself with the pointy bit.

I think the pointy bit bends?

millitiger

Visit site
They just look like freejumps?

I have freejumps and love them, they were expensive enough though so not sure what extra features these offer.

alainax

Visit site
Seems a few typos in the description which is odd for the price!

Hardly innovative since there are already similar ones on the market.

For anyone with free jumps or similar, are these things tested with a weight limit? I'd never buy them as would be terrified they'd snap! Surely landing off an all mighty jump or being thrown into the air would bring you back down into your stirrups at a greater force than your weight. If your landing in a stirrup from nearly falling off you would want them to be able to hold at least your whole weight plus the extra for the downforce. Is there any testing been done? I'd love to see the figures :)

luckyoldme

Visit site
i think its the type of thing people will buy precisely because it is that price.
I sell two products, both do the same job but some of the fabrics used in the more expensive product cost me more to buy in, hence one product is more expensive than the other.
In my case it is a genuine reflection of raw component costs..but as an experiment and out of interest i dont explain the difference unless the customer asks. it amazes me how many people want the more expensive product without evan knowing why it costs more!

showjumpingharry

Visit site
For anyone with free jumps or similar, are these things tested with a weight limit? I'd never buy them as would be terrified they'd snap! Surely landing off an all mighty jump or being thrown into the air would bring you back down into your stirrups at a greater force than your weight. If your landing in a stirrup from nearly falling off you would want them to be able to hold at least your whole weight plus the extra for the downforce. Is there any testing been done? I'd love to see the figures :)

I had adult size free jumps and they snapped out hunting. I am 8stone and was cantering along...

pansymouse

Visit site
Another innovation for all the gear and no idea market with an interchangeable trim to sucker in the matchy-matchies.

Being able to buy wide treads to convert my standard stirrups was the last innovation in stirrup technology I got excited about!

Cragrat

Visit site
I have Freejumps, and did loads of research before I bought them. They have been tested to 1200 megapascals, which for old fogeys like me is 25062521 pounds/ square foot. ( according to google ��).

So they should easily hold the weight of someone cantering along- I really hope you sent yours back and they found a fault with them�� I'm planning on using mine BE!

millitiger

Visit site
Love the reverse snobbery on these threads towards anyone who buys something for more money than you would spend on these items!!
Particularly those who've never used these products themselves, really funny.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Hmmmm........ TBH this looks like another case of re-inventing the wheel, yes they may be a lot of money, but then again if its about safety - and particularly the mortal fear of having a foot caught in the stirrup and dragged which lets be honest underpins everyone's anxieties since man first put stirrups on a saddle - then there will be always those that are prepared to pay up and look sweet.

I personally don't like the look of the iron, I would be concerned that the sharp bit would in itself be a danger-point, and as someone else has said I'd like to see some test results from the manufacturer, not that this can ever replace experience in the field, but it would be interesting.

Would I buy them? Nope. Reasons: don't like the look of them, don't like the pointy bit which I see as a potential danger in itself, don't like the price either.

alainax

Visit site
I have Freejumps, and did loads of research before I bought them. They have been tested to 1200 megapascals, which for old fogeys like me is 25062521 pounds/ square foot. ( according to google ��).

So they should easily hold the weight of someone cantering along- I really hope you sent yours back and they found a fault with them�� I'm planning on using mine BE!
Do you have a link for that?

sem9999

Visit site
A number of rather mis-informed opinion regarding these stirrups.
They are not a rip off of the Freejump, the design does actually attempt to provide a much broader safety system than the freejump because of the 'give' in different directions (see the pre-release video). They are indeed hugely expensive, probably so that the company who designed them makes enough money to recoup their investment before the Chinese rip offs appear on the market.....

BTW there are other simpler and much more affordable safety stirrup systems now also available.

WelshD

Visit site
Personally I don't like the look of these modern stirrups but I don't have a problem if people want to spend that amount

Having said that if I see another pair like this dangling from a sixty quid craptackistan saddle on Facebook though I might start openly weeping

mariew

Visit site
To be truthful, the poorly translated description would make me think it's a cheap Chinese knock-off. Not something worth £400! The horseworld is very quick to pour their hard earned cash into the latest most amazing thing that is totally going to revolutionise (insert whatever you are looking for here).

I have come to the conclusion that as long as the tack is comfortable you don't really need the greatest and newest thing. In my case i just need to ride regularly rather than buy stuff.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It will be interesting to see whether in real life scenarios that arm does what it is supposed to do. I'm also not sure about the lateral slide of the grip and where that came from as a good thing?