New year, new challenge!

Morrigan_Lady

www.teamterrellshowjumping.co.uk
After showjumping for, I dont know how long now! I have decided to have a change!

Showjumper turned eventer! Or, going over to the dark side some have said! haha

Ive done abit of everything with Arch quite successfully so I think we should do ok.

So Im just looking for a bit of advise really, like where to start? Im thinking prob do a few clinics first and small one days?

Thanks in advance.

ajn1610

Visit site
First of all have fun!
Some clinics and XC schooling obviously, since you say you've done a bit of everything I'm guessing you've done some HT solid type fences before? If not you need to be comfy with steps, water, ditches and skinny/corner type fences and obviously going in a more attacking forward pace than you may be used to for SJ. Are you planning on RC or BE? You shouldn't get anything awful but equally you don't want to be confronted with a question you are unsure about. I'd also recommend some flat work clinics, IME although SJ are well schooled they don't tend to go in a very 'dressage' frame and tend to be penalised for getting a bit curled up. There are some great ride a test training clinics where you perform a test, get a bit of help and feed back and then re-ride it. These are really useful for ring craft, getting used to what a judge wants to see and picking up those few extra marks where you can. There is US mare who was a former SJ and has gone advanced very quickly, I'm not sure of the name but there's been a link on here before, so you never know - might be a breand new forte! :)