Newbie here.. 28years old & having my very first lesson next wk

Kavanagh

New User
Visit site
Hello All..
Always loved horses, always went along to the races with my granddad growing up. Father bring up children up on his own never enough funds. Leaving school straight in to work, having my own family & finally ready to taken the plunge after so many awaited years. To make this feel much more of struggle I have actually moved miles away from my hometown. All I can say is 'Thank god for the internet' lol.. My first find & yard wasn't a very pleasant one maybe because I am shy, Then the 2nd place I Found a lovely yard / RS very much exciting but a lot of nerves there as well. Lots to learn but the dedication is right up. =)

Ps-Read many of the posts, great advice!!

Olliepoppy

Visit site
Welcome..! I had a 25 year gap from riding and took the plunge this year and started riding again and bought my first horse (at age 42). There have been ups and downs but the people on this site are fantastic and very helpful. You will get lots of reassurance and advice here :) Good luck with the riding, keep us posted

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Welcome and congratulations for pursuing a dream...its good for the soul. Many of us have returned to horses after looooooong gaps and I think it must be more daunting to start riding for the first time when an adult - you are more aware of potential damage which can be done lol! Above all have fun learning and keep us up to date with your progress.

SR14

Visit site
Hello!!

I am also 28 and had my very first lesson a few months ago! I am loving my weekly lessons so far and have learned so much from these forums. I hope you have a great first lesson :) xx

Kavanagh

New User
Visit site
That's right, I take my first lesson Sunday, in a group there is another lady older than me who is coming back after so many years. The rest been children, I suppose is good as they will probably ask questions I wouldn't think of. Thank you Midlifecrisis

gmw

Visit site
That's fantastic I didn't start until I was 36! Now million years later children and grandchildren riding. Have made lifelong friends over the years, A small warning it is VERY addictive!!! Enjoy

kelsbels

Visit site
Hi Kavanagh, welcome! I'm also a newcomer to the horsey world having ridden for the first time 2 years ago at 31! Just wish I'd done it sooner!
As others have said its very addictive, and I am now looking for my first loan!
Enjoy!x

viola

aspireequestrian.wordpress.com
Hello :) Just a little note from an instructor side as I teach quite a few adults who come back to horses after long breaks - it's very rewarding and enjoyable part of my work as once someone has waited for a long time to be able to ride, they are loving every minute. I hope you all continue to have enjoyable experiences, it's one of the best sports out there - I might be just a little bit biased ;)