Newbie in the field

Daniels_Mum

www.jamarqui.me.uk
Hi All

I would like to introduce myself, My real name is Alma Oakley-Abrahams and I am a proud new mum to Daniel who is a beautiful 5 year PRE Andlusian dapple grey gleding, I have had him for four weeks now. My TB mare died last year aged 30, I had had her from birth and I was absolutly heart shattered, never thought I would ever want to be near another horse after the centre of my world went, but Daniel is helping stick on the sticky tape.

I am hoping to compete in dressage, so I will be pestering for help and tips, I do have a fantastic coach who is a grand prix rider on andulsians herself so she understands not only the principle but the mind set of these stunning animals.

I also have borzoi hounds, I breed, show and judge them. I have a ancient boxer (14 years) and an azawakh hound who is very very spoilt

Have a great day
Alma
laugh.gif

Ash the arab

Visit site
Hi and welcome!
I'm glad you have found a horse that you can enjoy, they all have special places in our hearts!

I hope you enjoy the forum - and posting pics of your horse is a must!
wink.gif

Happytohack

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hi, Sounds like you have some interesting dogs. I keep seeing PRE Andalusion - what does it mean? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
PRE = Pura Raza Espanola

Happytohack

Visit site
Hi and welcome to the forum - be warned, it is addictive
smile.gif
BTW Daniel doesn't sound like a very Spanish name, does he have a fancy name too? You must post some piccies (you will need a photobucket account) - I bet he is gorgeous.

Happytohack

Visit site
A registered P.R.E. is of proven pure Spanish lineage.
The breed is administered by the Cria Caballar of Spain, (Spanish Stud Book) both parents must be registered in the adult/breeders book of the Cria before offspring can be registered. A PRE can only be bay, black or grey.

The PRE horse is the 'national' horse of Spain.
Caballo de Pura Raza Española is the official name. Nowadays the term Andalusian also covers horses of PRE type that are not able to be registered as PRE because they are not proven of pure Spanish lineage, or they have not been registered in the Spanish studbook.

Hope that explains it!

As for me - I have a registered Vladimir and a registered Icelandic - now their registration documents really are complicated with Russian & Icelandic alphabets to contend with!

moneypit1

Visit site
hello, and heartfelt sadness for you over your loss. Life goes on and because of that you will continue. I wish you so much warmth and happiness and I truly believe it can be achieved many times. Welcome. xxxxxxxxx

Daniels_Mum

www.jamarqui.me.uk
well I am not sure if my other posting arrived so here we go again ........... oh I can be such a girl!!!!

Firstly thank you all very much for such a fab welcome. Jay2 has explained the PRE exactly right and no Ranchgirl you are not thick.

Daniel's Spainsh name is Lazeronato, we didnt like it and he looks like a Daniel. We are registering him with the British Latin Horse Soc' and we have to choose a name so the name we have chosen is Jamarqui Ameigo. Jamarqui is my kennel name
My dogs are lovely, well I think they are. I dont know how to upload photos ......... help please. I have a website with photos of all the hounds and horses. www.jamarqui.me.uk

Again many many thanks for your welcome
Alma