newforest yearling! how big will he make?

PolaroidPony

Visit site
I currently have a little newforest coming up for a year old. He is standing at around 12.2/3 at the moment. I was wondering what other people's experiences were with newforests and roughly how big their ponies made. His dad is 14.2 not sure how big his mum is.

Darkwater

Visit site
I bought my young NF as a 2 1/2 year old and she was about 13hh, she's now about 13.3 at 4 years old and probably not going to grow much more. Her sire was 14.2 and mum was 14hh.

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Benji was 13.1 as a yearling and has made a full up 14.2hh. Flicka was just under 13.2hh as a yearling, did all her growing early and is now about 14.1ish at 5yrs, not had a stick on her though.

What's your pony's name?

PolaroidPony

Visit site
I also have a NF filly who has just turned 3 yesterday and she is currently stood at 13.2/3.
And my boy is called stu! :) I really hope he makes 14.1/2. Whatever height they both make they're staying with me forever. I'm 5ft 4 & weight 9 stone So I think I'd be okay with light riding. (Obviously when the time comes for them to be broken) :)

Peregrine Falcon

Visit site
Fab, another forester owner! :) You'll be fine riding them both.

Do they both have green passports, if so what are they're registered names please? (I love researching pedigrees!)

PolaroidPony

Visit site
Hello! Yes they both have green passports. Their names are Pondhead Sweetheart and Howen How High.
if you find anything interesting let me know :)

Peregrine Falcon

Visit site
Your yearling is related to some of my ponies. Pepsi is by Farriers Rambler and Flicka is by B.Dragonslayer (who's is F.Ramblers sire).

Filly has very interesting bloodlines. Unfortunately her sire has passed away now but hold onto her!! :)

PolaroidPony

Visit site
Awww I managed to find Farriers Rambler. Pretty little thing. And I haven't really found much on missys side.
What do you mean by interesting lines? :) aw ill be keeping hold of her she's my little beauty. How big are your nf's? X

Peregrine Falcon

Visit site
Her sire is a rare bloodline now so she would be a valuable asset for breeding from certainly.

Benji is 14.2, Flicka is 14h ish, Pepsi 13.2h, Roanie 12.3/13h, Sky 13.2.

Once you have reached a certain post quota I'll be able to PM you! :)

PolaroidPony

Visit site
Aww thankyou ill have a nosey through that website! Yes my filly won't be leaving my side, nor will my yearling. Both cute crazy little things. How big do you think the yearling will male? And okay peregrine falcon. Pm me when you can x