Next breed of dog……

Ratface

Visit site
My best dog was an unwanted grippet - greyhound x whippet. She was wonderful, if a tad wilful. She was trainable, very sociable with other animals and people and loved wherever she went. Recall was slightly uncertain, but got better with bribery.
If I wasn't already owned by Madam Carrie Cat, who would make any other residents' life a misery, I'd have one in a heartbeat.

I'm Dun

Visit site
My whippet is a sensitive soul, the fake whippet (mum, dad, brothers and sisters are small black whippets and he's an enormous spotty thing) is much tougher and would cope fine with being left. I'd go for working bred whippet ideally with a dash of something else, that isn't saluki, in it! Plus, look at this! Hes in the terrible teens, but he's absolutely gorgeous even if his ears have fallen off, and incredibly trainable even if he is a little pocket rocket.

415538502_335902329379195_5602549613696985406_n.jpg

My other one is coming 8yrs old and still gambols about like a puppy. Hes my medical assistance dog and he worships the ground I walk on and would do anything for me. Hes never been left a long time, he's ok with 5 hours but any more and he'd worry I think, but if he'd been raised to stay with dog walker visits then he'd probably be ok. He has incurable SA if I try and keep him on his own and leave him for a nano second, hence the addition of the fake whippet a few months after we lost my old boy.

382231929_278768495092579_479560617537663014_n.jpg

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I must admit I always am surprised when people say whippets have separation anxiety, I worked full time when I had mine so they were used to being left. Obviously Mum looked after them during the day when they were young (you had puppies at 8 weeks old in those days!) but once they were a few months old they were happy with each other for company. I do wonder if my recollection is correct mind you, I got my first whippet when I was 17 - **cough** years ago 😱

Well then, isn't that more reason to go have a look at the not purebred Whippet Lurcher cross puppies?

Or what about a more black coloured JRT? I don't think the colour is quite correct for the breed, think I've read somewhere that it might imply there's more than only JRT in the pedigree, but I know of other breeds where some colours aren't allowed but still exists, so I don't know. Either way, a JRT in such colours would perhaps look different enough from George, for you to not unconsciously feel that you're trying to replicate George.

https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/122485326/gorgeous-black-and-tan-jack-russell-puppies.html
52671911-279-640x853.jpg

A 6 months old

Besides, regardless what breed/cross you decide to go for, if you do happen to come across a puppy/dog that gives you a bit of George vibes, perhaps that could just be a sign of that the newbie have a personality which suits you. That's what helped me pick Jonna out of the 5 bitches in her litter. Though, since Jonna was of a completely different breed from Nessie, who I had lost about 6 months earlier, I had the advantage of not expecting anyone in the litter to remind me about Nessie, but Jonna still did somehow, and I picked her, and got almost 17 happy years together with her.

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
Well then, isn't that more reason to go have a look at the not purebred Whippet Lurcher cross puppies?

Or what about a more black coloured JRT? I don't think the colour is quite correct for the breed, think I've read somewhere that it might imply there's more than only JRT in the pedigree, but I know of other breeds where some colours aren't allowed but still exists, so I don't know. Either way, a JRT in such colours would perhaps look different enough from George, for you to not unconsciously feel that you're trying to replicate George.

https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/122485326/gorgeous-black-and-tan-jack-russell-puppies.html
52671911-279-640x853.jpg

A 6 months old

Besides, regardless what breed/cross you decide to go for, if you do happen to come across a puppy/dog that gives you a bit of George vibes, perhaps that could just be a sign of that the newbie have a personality which suits you. That's what helped me pick Jonna out of the 5 bitches in her litter. Though, since Jonna was of a completely different breed from Nessie, who I had lost about 6 months earlier, I had the advantage of not expecting anyone in the litter to remind me about Nessie, but Jonna still did somehow, and I picked her, and got almost 17 happy years together with her.
Oh FL they are gorgeous ❤️❤️❤️ if that 6 month old wasn’t in Glasgow I’d pick him up tomorrow - why couldn’t I have seen this last week when I was up there ❤️❤️❤️

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
It’s only 6 hours from me - if I wasn’t having cataract surgery tomorrow morning I’d just pop up there….. ❤️

While recovering afterwards, and not having anything better to do than fiddling your thumbs, perhaps you could give the owner a call, you have the week off after all, and I think you'll be allowed to drive 24 hours after the procedure so...

palo1

Visit site
H
While recovering afterwards, and not having anything better to do than fiddling your thumbs, perhaps you could give the owner a call, you have the week off after all, and I think you'll be allowed to drive 24 hours after the procedure so...
It’s only 6 hours from me - if I wasn’t having cataract surgery tomorrow morning I’d just pop up there….. ❤️
He's gorgeous!! Not quite JRT and such a sweet face. Perhaps recovery could include a short stay in Scotland...hoping things go well and you start to feel less awful.

ArklePig

Visit site
Lol, mine features. Spelled correctly and everything but she pronounces it a bit harder 😂

Just to throw a spanner in the works some of the ones on that video are pronounced differently across different parts of Ireland too. So if you come across a quee va and think you're sorted, be careful, she could be a kee va 😉

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Lol, mine features. Spelled correctly and everything but she pronounces it a bit harder 😂

Just to throw a spanner in the works some of the ones on that video are pronounced differently across different parts of Ireland too. So if you come across a quee va and think you're sorted, be careful, she could be a kee va 😉
Glad you said that as I know a Caiomhe that I was told was pronounced keeva, was worried I'd got it wrong 😌

palo1

Visit site

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
Not as dark coloured, but if you want a rough coated JRT puppy, there's some in this litter available in Salisbury

Not rough coated, but there's both 1 dark coloured girl + 1 dark coloured boy in this litter available in Pershore. If you're worried about Colin, buy a bitch puppy?
jack-russell-dogs-for-sale-beautiful-jackrussle-puppies-elmley-castle-pershore-image-2.webp