Next years Babies

jelibean

Visit site
Just bored, so thought I'd find out what babies everyone is expecting for next spring? (Breeds and bloodlines that is lol)
Im really sad, my mare is still only 5 months but already very excited.

htobago

Visit site
Not sad at all jelibean!

I'm the saddo - got no mares of my own but I'm childishly over-excited about the 20 mares that are in foal to my stallion!
blush.gif
(This was his first season at stud, so these will be his first babies!)

The mares are mostly pure-bred Arabs (like him) so their super-fabulous bloodlines might not mean v much to the mainly sport-horse breeders on here.
wink.gif

But there's a couple of nice TBxID mares (one is by Nearly A Hand, the other by Landstar) and one Austrian Warmblood (by Aloube-Z x Diana RF). I'd love to know more about these lines if anyone has any info - I think the WB's sire-line is Alme-Z but I could be wrong - I'm still v ignorant about WB lines
blush.gif
)

What is your mare Jelibean? And who's the foal's daddy?
smile.gif

amandathepanda

Visit site
My little grey arab mare that I rescued last winter is in foal to Thethingaboutitis so hopefully nice anglo-arab baby will arrive in July next year - I can't wait!!!! So excited, especially as my last baby is now 2
smile.gif

william99

Visit site
we have 7 irish sport horse mares in foal to out tb stallion Master blade and 5 welsh cob mares in foal to our secion D Kirklees Teddy the first is due in march

juliehannah58

Visit site
My Mare is hopefully still in foal (she had a terrible accident on Friday and broke her leg but so far so good) to Alme Des Nids who is the sire of the Foxhunter Champ. Marcolas G.

The mare herself is a ISH by Diamond Rock GS King of Diamonds out of a Trombone TB mare and she's a proven jumper upto 1.30m herself so fingers crossed we get a nice jumping horse
smile.gif

She is due on 20th May 2008
laugh.gif

Grey_Arab

Visit site
Fingers crossed three of the YO's mares (two are broodmares) are in foal to her spotted stallion, so fingers crossed for spotty babies next spring!

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
JH58 thats terrible news about your mare.

Sadly we only have 4 due for next year
Catherston Orange Grove (BWBS) to Samaii (ZfDP)
Harmsworth Elfinesque (Trak) to Latimer (Trak)
Holme Park Venezia (Trak) to Ringo (KWPN)
Dee Dee G (SHB) to Showmaker (Westphalen)

1 will be coloured, 2 might be and hoping for a back filly for the 4th

machannah

Visit site
JH58 so sorry to hear that, the foal sounds like it will be stunning! What a lovely pedigree

My mare is Foxham Doubtful (Its Without Doubt) x Mill Law
Hoping to get a nice quality event horse
smile.gif
Due May 6th

DAHH

Visit site
I am very envious as none of my mares are in foal.
I plan to put them all back into foal next year and embryo transfer my best mare a couple of times, so thought I had better save some money this year as ET is not exactly cheap.

jelibean

Visit site
WOW am REALLY excited now, i think your right to be dead excited about your stallions babies he just as important as the mares, and he is stunning, please make sure you post some pics when theyre born would love to see them.
Everyone else seems to be expecting nice babies too, but that is really awful that your mare had an accident, hope she will be ok.
My TB x ID jumping mare is in foal to Insultech Handel II and due May, i was really impressed by his sweet nature, a real sweetie and IMO a great looking horse, and very sucessful over the years. Ive got withdrawl symptons from having babies about the yard my current baby is now nearly 16 months old so not so much a baby anymore. Anyone else got one by Handel?

htobago

Visit site
Thanks jelibean - I will certainly post foalie-pics - in fact you'll all probably get heartily sick of them LOL!

Meanwhile, here's a few photos of one of the Arab mares in foal to my boy (she's in Belgium):

Fiestaatrotfront.jpg

Fiestaatrotback.jpg

Fiestaa.jpg

Isn't she fab? She's a very illustrious mare - dam of a Belgian national champion and international champion stallion. This was by a sire with v similar bloodlines to Tobago, so we're hoping for something rather special!
smile.gif

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site
I am looking forward to seeing photos of tobagos's babies next year too. My mare is in foal to Icons Image, she is (cb x arab) x (tb x id) but owing to the breeder not getting her registered she is down as breeding unknown on an NTR passport.

the watcher

Visit site
She is a really lovely mare, the foal should become something quite special
smile.gif

I'm sure all Tobagos foals will be special though - it will be interesting to see if there is a noticable link running through them

htobago

Visit site
Thanks everyone! I love this mare - even all muddy and in full winter coat she looks quite glamorous LOL!

There's another story attached to this mare, by the way - but it's a secret for the moment...watch this space...
wink.gif

Gosh rabatsa - your mare has interesting breeding - I've never seen a cb x arab - was that her sire or her dam? Do you have any photos of her? Or her parents? Especially the cb x arab one...

Tia

Visit site
Oh will you PLEASE post photos of the baby when it arrives. I absolutely adore Thethingaboutitis!!!
laugh.gif

My foals next year will be 4 or 5 QH foals with Foundation bloodlines that probably no-one here will know. I am not however breeding them myself this year - I am buying direct from their breeders; sounds like a much better bet and no worries at all throughout the whole of the winter. Phew!
cool.gif

Best of luck to you all - it will be an exciting time next Spring for you all, and for me, but I won't have all the allnight foal watches to do thank goodness....well unless Rollestone has her webcam up and running again! Crikey I was hooked on that inbetween watching my own.
smile.gif

Gingernags

Visit site
Spring???? SPRING?????

Due to the obstinate ginger princess deciding she didn't think she should lower herself to coming into season... mine is due July! Probably the last one!!!

So I'm expecting her highness to pop out a TB x British Appaloosa (with a tiny dash of welsh mixed in with the TB)

Mare - chestnut 15hh, stallion leopard spot (chestnut based) 16hh...

Can't wait!!!
grin.gif

juliehannah58

Visit site
Aw thanks for the well wishes, she arrived back home this morning and so far is doing 'remarkably' well according to the vets, though of course she has a long road to recovery ahead. Luckily she is more than sensible so we just pray she hasn't suffered too much stress and that baby is still OK in there. She should be almost 5 months pregnant, we've been worried sick!

Nothing to do but wait and pray. Thanks again for the well wishes, we really need them
smile.gif

jelibean

Visit site
That baby should hang in there for you, your mare sounds very strong to be pulling through like she is. Everything is crossed for you, would it have been possible to have scanned your mare whilst she was recieving treatment or will she be having a scan shortly, that should put your mind at rest.
Going off the subject, i fell off my mare backwards onto concrete because my dog ran inbetween her back legs and startled her when i was 8 weeks pregnant with my son and i always remember my midwife saying that babies are more resilient than we give them credit for. I'd like to think ths applied in horses too.

DanielleP

Visit site
My Mare is expecting in May - she has Ballinvella, king of diamonds, arctic que lines, daddy has Darco, Clover Hill, Beachtime.

I am so excited about the baby due cant wait!

Tempi

Visit site
My mare - Norman Cob x TB by Etoile De Paris out of Runaway Girl and current Petplan Novice Open National Champion
tongue.gif
grin.gif

bloss4.jpg

in foal to Johnson (KWPN - Jazz x Flemmingh)

Johnson2.jpg

Due 10th April, shes just coming up to 6months
smile.gif

cocomullen

Visit site
Wow looks like we're in for a real treat next year! So many beautiful babies on the way.
laugh.gif

We're expecting just the one- TBxhano girlie to Oliver (Voltaire x Graaf Grande) Still got to wait til July, gosh that seems so long away now. Sure it'll fly by tho, before we know it it'll be back to hourly baby checks, dreaming of a real bed and drinking more coffee than should probably be legal! But they're worth it and they'll all be here before we know it.
smirk.gif
Exciting stuff!
grin.gif