Next years stallions!!!

S_N

Visit site
OOooooo now here's a thread I could get my teeth in to
laugh.gif
!! BUT, I have to make dinner and then do the horses - so will join you later!!

Bossanova

Visit site
We cant decide either, seeing as the yearling is so lovely, it could well be a return to Weston Justice. I need to look a bit more into the younger stallions just starting out in eventing- particularly theres a couple of young Rock King ones I like.
Having said that, Lugs may have a break from motherhood next year....

Irishcobs

Visit site
I'm looking at stallions for Hattie at the mo too. I'll looking at TBs and Anglo Arabs as I want to a lighter build. Luckily for me I'm not far from an AI center that have lots of TBs so I'm hoping to use one of them.

tigers_eye

Visit site
Oooo, what a nice thread! Well, if Deco has no problems in this pregnancy I would like to put her to this young man - Uno de Laubry:

h_uno1_big.jpg

h_uno4_big.jpg

And this is his breeding

By Galoubet with a healthy dose of TB too, should make the perfect eventer in my eyes! Deco herself is mainly anglo arab, but with a little that is not so she is a selle francais. Most importantly they are both red-heads! If she takes with him then I will sell the Mill Law offspring and keep the product of this marriage! (It will be a long-distance relationship - he is in Belgium, more info (in french or flemish) about him here

kateD

Visit site
He looks stunning! Wats ure Mill law like? Im thinking about putting my mare in foal end of next year. Shes 1/2 WB 1/4 TB 1/4 ID. So looking for a husband thats either full or 3/4 TB. As would like something that will event eventually. Any ideas for potential husbands?!

_daisy_

Visit site
oooh - dont get me started - trying to convince mum to put Ebi back in foal <u>AND</u> keep the rest of the horses ive got. If we do im thinking of using Primitive Star again after the foal weve had this year.

tigers_eye

Visit site
I don't know, about as big as a golf ball at the moment I believe! She's in foal to ML at the moment, due end of May. It's her first. So if that goes ok, then I will use him. Sorry if I wasn't clear!

William (don't know if you hve seen my posts) is by an anglo arab, quite TBish, but he is only available by frozen semen now. SimplyNutty has a nice King's Composer colt. Unfortunatly a lot of proven TB stallions passed away last year, such a shame.

tigers_eye

Visit site
I think they said the equivalent of about £500 when I enquired about him, might go up I guess if he's done well this year. I've also been told you pay per straw of semen with the continent, I shall have to investigate properly before the time comes.

S_N

Visit site
Gosh - thank you t_e!!

For next year, I had pretty much made up my mind to use Goshka Ringo (well bred coloured WB, homozygous for colour too) BUT at the end of August he and the entire stud moved over to France - yeah OK, so I could still do it with AI, but as a Supporter of British Breeding, I don't think I should!

SO, I have these boys in mind atm Treliver Decanter (was very taken with him when I saw him earlier this year), Nibley Union Jack - LOVE this horse and am also considering an ENORMOUS coloured called Mojo - he's 17.3hh.......

S_N

Visit site
Yep, TD's owner does come here! I went to see both of her stallion's, she also has the MOST stunning ID stallion - Kensons Aragorn. I was going to breed B to him this year and now I am glad that I did commit early on (though I'm sure it may have been possible to postpone the breeding), as B hasn't done herself that well at all, put all her energy into H, so it would have been unfair, IMO, to put her back in-foal and expect her to raise H and keep herself in good nick!

Don't get me wrong, I love KC, his pics on the website do him few favours and he has a temperament to die for, I will probably breed back to him in the future. However, looking at B's breeding and how she is put together, I think a WB is the right choice for next time.

S_N

Visit site
Jack is just GORGEOUS!! Last time I enquired about going to see him (end of Aug) he was still in Holland, having semen collected, having been over to Germany for the World Breeding Championships. I must ask after him again!

Irishcobs

Visit site
What about Stafford Twilight? My friend had two foals from him, both turned out to be fantastic dressage horses and were the easiest things to handle. I was only 10 at the time and I was leading and grooming them.

kerrylou123

Visit site
Im not sure myself. I have a lovely tb mare with a great attitude to life, good conformation and a fabulous temprement. I want to breed from her, next year being my first. I have worked in stud yards etc, but this will be my first time breeding from my own horse. Id like to breed something with a bit more bone and for myself. But not sure what might suit her. Any recomendations. Please pm me?!?!?

Thanks xx

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
We are looking at stallions for next year too....

Im trying to find chestnut warmbloods, chestnut Welsh cobs and chestnut thoroughbreds.

Easy you may say.... but there aren't that many chestnut stallions to choose from! (any help appreciated!).
smile.gif

Oh, and/or a palomino or cremello stallion.