NFU Insurance - anyone got a claim going on ATM?

bushbaby28

Visit site
when I last called they apologised for the delay as they had a backlog of claims. They'd requested information from my vet in August and hadn't chased it at all. In the end I chased and the vets sent the confirmation letter to me which I then sent on. I posted the letter last Monday and by Thursday they called to say my claim had been settled. This had been outstanding since July though

Still can't complain as really didnt think they'd pay out!!!

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
A quick update from me, I chased the incompetant NFu people in the claims department yesterday re a claim that went in on the 6th July. Usual story yesterday 'oh no your paperwork hasn't been recieved' yes it has we sent it recorded so we know you do. They couldn;t tell me anything yesterday but was promised a call back. I didn;t get one. So I rang again and got their answer phone. I left a message - a rather cross, i am sick of this incompetance kind of message, and today I got a call back. Suprise suprise all the paperwork has been found and been actioned and we are allegedly getting it back later on this week.

I pointed our to the girl on the phone that 5 months is totally unacceptable for an insurance claim and that their level of service has gone down hill dramatically and did she think it acceptable to tell me yesterday that nothing had been recieved, and was that their stock answer to every query as it was exactly the same response I was given 2 years ago with another horse, and again last year. It is not a new problem this has been going on for at least 2 years. I have said I have every intention of printing this thread off and sending it to their head office but I really dont think NFu could care.
Yes there are a lot of people with claims in on this site, but I suspect that the percentage of people having problems with them is symptomatic of their attitude to customers

if they don;t want claims, stop advertising as an equine insurance company

lottie940

Visit site
My friends recently had their horse box stolen which was insured with NFU. They tried to say that al sorts of stuff wasn't covered but after much battling and my friends having a face to face meeting with them they agreed to pay out for the horse box plus it's contents.

clairefeekerry1

Visit site
i have a £2000 plus ongoing claim. i was told nfu would pay the vets directly but i recieved a cheque from 1st equine 2 weeks ago for the first invoice which was 400 from august! I am now getting debt collection letters from my vets who have heard nothing re the outstanding invoices! i have never had such a big claim before so didnt realise it shouldn't take this long

emmajanerushton

community.webshots.com
Pending Cheques Arriving, to us, the vets one has gotten there, i lost my mare after surgery and actute colitis 12 Nov and Claim Completed with vets having first cheque today for surgery, missing 250 as late blood results but vets chasing that as they hadnt sent me that invoice, they have paid her £3000 mortitlity to her owner ( as i was in purchase agrrement ) so difference will be sent back to me, also paid original referiing vet, plus her remidial shoeing and transport costs, all cheques posted same day, not all arrived yet but not bad at all, i have insured my soon to be new horse with them. They have been polite and curitious and am impressed after worrying it may be drawn out but theoretically a month since i lost her x

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
My friend has had a bit of a year and had two claims on her mare 1st starting in July, after much chasing she has finally got the 1st cheque, still waiting for the 2nd claim to be settled.

She told me that hers claim had been passed to another company as NFU claimed they had a backlog.......

Sure seems that NFU aren't upto the normal service levels (which lets face it has attracted many of us to pay more expensive premiums for).

Disappointing to say the least. I for one will be checking if things have improved before I consider renewing with them in March.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Pending Cheques Arriving, to us, the vets one has gotten there, i lost my mare after surgery and actute colitis 12 Nov and Claim Completed with vets having first cheque today for surgery, missing 250 as late blood results but vets chasing that as they hadnt sent me that invoice, they have paid her £3000 mortitlity to her owner ( as i was in purchase agrrement ) so difference will be sent back to me, also paid original referiing vet, plus her remidial shoeing and transport costs, all cheques posted same day, not all arrived yet but not bad at all, i have insured my soon to be new horse with them. They have been polite and curitious and am impressed after worrying it may be drawn out but theoretically a month since i lost her x

Now that's the service I would expect from NFU. Sorry about the loss of your mare.

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
My OH insures his with NFU, io did a tendon in Feb and that bill is still partially outstanding :( Harry cut his hock, needing stitches in September and we are still waiting for the claim form to arrive :mad:

My cob is insured with AIMS (part of SEIB) he had liver problems in May and the claim was settled in a fortnight :D:D i am just sending in the last couple of invoices for him and hope/expect they will also be settled quickly :)

emmajanerushton

community.webshots.com
2 out of the 4 cheques (the big ones) have arrived now post been checked, remaining expected tommrrow, NFU have been fab they just called me to make sure i knew what i was paying on direct debits as this month higher as technically 3 on it ( will only have 2) but then feb and marches are very low indeed as my renewal due in april for Charlie and my new one.

They couldnt have been more helpful, i think where people moan, not in all cases it has to be looked at weather the insured person has complied with what is required, In on going cases there has to be a look at weather its occured ever in the past and im sure loss of use is even more complicated.

I kept NFU informed at every stage of treatment promptly and also sent thing recorded delivery and kept copies etc, and then rang every 3 days to ensure all was going through and it has gone through much quicker than i expected, if there is a problem NFU arnt always to blame, sometimes vets can be slow at sending on things, and people not provided the information requested, this will obviously cause a delay x

They have made a painful situation easier to bear, and have happily insured my new horse with them, as is our car, tack, trailer and home x