NFU Insurance Cancellation Rights

RaYandFinn

Visit site
Hi all

I want to cancel Finn's policy with the NFU as it's gotten really expensive and I know I can get similar cover much cheaper elsewhere.

Question is, as I've had a claim this year am I bound to continue making payments for the remainder of the year until the policy is due for renewal?

Any help appreciated!! :)

R

trickivicki

Visit site
its standard in any insurance policy that if you make a claim you have to continue the policy to the end of the contract.

However, as soon as you get to your renewal date you can move as and when you like

(If you do renew and get better cover/ price elsewhere you have 14days from the renewal to cancel without incurring any charges).

** remember you MUST disclose your claim to any new insurers as failure to disclose is likely to invalidate the whole policy.

galaxy

Visit site
not sure because you are only transferring.

I have claimed when my horse died and cancelled there and then and not had to pay rest of premium and also cancelled after I sold horse after a claim, mid way through year, again they let me cancel.

Because you still have the horse in your possession it may be different.

Elbie

Visit site
not sure because you are only transferring.

I have claimed when my horse died and cancelled there and then and not had to pay rest of premium and also cancelled after I sold horse after a claim, mid way through year, again they let me cancel.

Because you still have the horse in your possession it may be different.

You would have been able to do that because you do not physically have the horse in your possession anymore. If the horse is still alive and in your possession you may not be able to cancel until renewal if you have a claim ongoing.

mon

Visit site
Lost my mare six weeks ago insured with nfu vet wrote paralysed on form, phoned up to insure replacement mare, received invoice today, phoned local office and asked why should send cheque whilst they haven't reimbursed for not having mare now and not received mares value already spent on replacement mare, told them not happy with them.