NFU Insurance.....praise!!!

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
We got broken into down our yard at the beginning of July and all of my tack was stolen, as was everyone elses. After waiting 2 weeks for a claim form from NFU and almost 2 weeks for the quotes I needed to replace everything I sent the claim form off to NFU last Wednesday.

I got home from work today to find a cheque for the full amount (minus the £50 excess) I thought that they may query items (not that anything was dodgy) and try and knock me down but they didn't.

I am really impressed with them and pleased they settled it so quickly. It was for just over £1000 as well so not a small amount
grin.gif
grin.gif

quirky

Visit site
I second that. I sent some invoices from the vet on Monday, had a cheque on Thursday. Can't ask for more really.

lucym

Visit site
yes we have always had good experiences with them! they paid out nearly 3k of vets fees for my old mare, and they were so helpful

fairyclare

Visit site
NFU are fab, they have always been prompt paying out for various claims i have had for my accident prone TB and Lia the ginger beast.

I'm not sure if my tack is covered, i must check my policy!!

Parkranger, did you get a cheque from them for your claim?

ISHmad

Visit site
We've always been delighted with the service from them. They pay out on claims very promptly, are very professional and are well worth the money.

Hollycat

Visit site
They were not terribly quick on paying out when my horse died - he was put down on the vets table during colic surgery so nothing contencious in the claim. I also had to justify how much he was worth to a valuer - which is standard practice but I found very upsetting. However the staff were VERY, VERY nice and sympathetic. My only problem with NFU is that that I have not been able to insure either of my new horses with them. A new horse is not covered for illness for one month - which is too long for a horse to be effectivly uninsured for vets fees and death if it gets colic! When my policy comes up for renewal I will go back to them though as they will cover for illness stright away if you are changng nsurers and had a previous policy covering the same risks

native

Visit site
They were brilliant when one of mine had to have stem cell treatment. They paid out promptly with no questions asked. They also paid half of the livery costs when she was in hospital which a lot of insurance companies don't cover.

pottamus

Visit site
I have found them to be brilliant and they paid out very quick when I had my trailer stolen and even gave me the money for my locks...which were not technically covered.