nfu insurance

Gorgeous George

Visit site
I used to be with them as they had a great reputation and I never had any trouble with them paying out (although I have heard that they can be quite slow now), but then they practically doubled my premium despite not having had a claim in over 2 years so I voted with my feet and went to KBIS.

mightymammoth

Visit site
I used to be with them as they had a great reputation and I never had any trouble with them paying out (although I have heard that they can be quite slow now), but then they practically doubled my premium despite not having had a claim in over 2 years so I voted with my feet and went to KBIS.

thanks have just phoned KBIS

galaxy

Visit site
NFU are excellent at paying out and easy to deal with and very fair exclusion policy.

My friend has had trouble with unfair exclusions with KBIS (vet agrees) and every time you send them an invoice, even with an ongoing claim they make you and your vet fill out another claim form! Time consuming and it really annoys your vet! My friend is changing to NFU once her claim is finished.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I've been with NFU 5 years now, never claimed. Got my renewal through and they want to charge me an extra £20 PER MONTH! And thats even with a "discount to our loyal customers". So livid that I got a quote from SEIB who are around the same as what I was paying before for NFU so I'm changing to them. I called NFU to say I wouldnt be renewing and they couldn't care less - no thanks for the £6,000 I've given them in insurance pay over the last 5 years oh no (and not claiming a single penny)! I've heard on here that they want to stop doing horse insurance hence the huge hikes in their prices? After that call the other day, I wont ever go with them again. SEIB were extremely helpful on the phone and even gave me the BSJA member discount even though mine has just run out (without me even asking).

alex2

Visit site
I have insured with NFU for years. They are very good with advice on the phone and have always paid out where I've claimed, no queries at all. The premiums of all insurance is on the increase, it is not just NFU.

Visit site
We have been with NFU for 8 years plus but have just changed to SEIB, NFU hiked my premium up to over £10 per month more than last year, and thats without any previous claims:mad:. SEIB were over £10 per month cheaper:)

galaxy

Visit site
Depends on your horse what your premium is I think. Mine only went up £70. KBIS was only £10, SEIB £100 more and Petplan £200 more.....

The not wanting to insure horses thing is an internet rumour.

oscar1976

Visit site
They were excellent in paying out for my old boy to have physio treatment (even though he was 30 at the time) but it would appear that unfortunately comes at a cost. On a separate note it isn't just their horse insurance premiums that have hiked up in cost. I also had my car insured with them (until I recevied the renewal notice), paid £360 last year but this year they wanted £589 and that included the 'loyalty discount'. I had been insured with them for over 5 years with the same car, never claimed and as both the car and I had got older thought the increase was extreme to say the least.

soulfull

Visit site
Also depends what you want. Nfu pay some or all of transport and livery. But only half of big things like MRI. South Essex don't pay travel and stabling but all if MRI etc.
SE have always been great and have claimed many times. Normally Cheaper than and fair exclusions

carmenlucy123

Visit site
when my mare passed away they paid out in full and an extra £250 towards her cremation which was the maximum ammount and they did not take my excess from me-no questions asked although it did take about 4 weeks but thats just paperwork when I rang they did rush it through for me.
They also were happy that I did not want a PMortem which was great as I just didnt want one in the slightest

Zimzim

Visit site
Never had any problems with NFU, they were great when my youngster had to be PTS earlier in the year and paid out fine to the vets and myself - no questions asked. They have always been polite and informative on the phone and have dealt with any queries quickly and professionally.

My current horse and dog are both insured with them and the premium is no different to any where else, being honest alot of other insurance companies were wanting alot more.