NFU quote. Ouch.

Bigbenji

Visit site
£400 for a 3 year old? :eek:

Insured for less than 2k. Vets cover and the basics. Anyone else think this is steep for a horse bumming about in the field? :confused:

I know everything has gone up in cost but just wanted to have a few other opinions please.

Feathered

Visit site
Just been looking for my 3yr old and I've been coming up with quotes round the 400 mark too.

That's 2.5k value with vets fees but not loss of use.

marlyclay

Visit site
Shocking but a sign of the times I'm afraid. I believe that the ever increasing cost of veternary treatment nowadays combined with the fact that so many of us expect to have everything scanned, xrayed explored inside out at the cosy of thousands because we have the insurance in place to be able to do it in the first place has largely contributed to this. So we only have ourselves to blame.

Bigbenji

Visit site
Well in a selfish way I'm glad it's not just me!

Was £280 last year. No claims either so seems quite a hike :(

Will have a shop around as well ;)

Last edited:

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Mine went up by over 50% with no claims so on renewal I went to SEIB. Slightly cheaper than originally paying on horse insurance and lorry is also cheaper than originally paying. Just to add had to make a claim on horse and they paid out very quickly.
I was with NFU for 16 years and had to make a couple of big claims and they were also brilliant but a hike of almost £400 for both premiums was not good.

Queenbee

Visit site
I did a scout around for Ben, Kbis will insure for 3.5k including tack
1.5k and vets fees 10k plus all the usual other bits... £21 PCM by far the best I found and apparently they don't prat around paying out on claims either

Queenbee

Visit site
Oh and mine was ridden insurance although I had field insurance for £13 PCM from pet plan For Ben before this

devilwoman

Visit site
I found Petplan to be the cheapest for youngsters bumming about at grass, I was only paying £13 pm for my 2 year old, but she was only covered for literally being at grass. However, I only had the cover for about 4 months when she had a very bad eye injury and ended up having an op and being horspitalised, bill was £2,300 and they paid out within 4 days, cannot reccomend them enough.