NH Racing

Visit site
I don't get the chance to watch it on tv lol! We need some rain up here in Scotland before we can unleash our winter string! It's getting ridiculous it's nearly November and Kelso raced on Good To Firm yesterday!

Clodagh

Visit site
I lit the fire and settled down for the afternoon. Fantastic quality racing.
I also succumbed and signed up for RUK on their £10 offer so watched recordrd Cheltenham Friday evening after work. Love it. And it means I get to watch Aintree and Wincanton today. :)

Clodagh

Visit site
Oh and horses to watch, I never support anything from Ireland however lovely they are. I love pretty well everything Nicky Henderson trains so all of his big guns.
And Kalashnikov going novice chasing, I drove past Amy Murphy's yard the other day and got very overexcited.

And totally off topic but a friend of mine who is a photographer spent the day at Jon Gosden's last week photographing Cracksman for the Oppenheimers. I am livid, how dare he go without me assisting!?

Chiffy

Visit site
I used to have RUK Clodagh but it got so expensive and I didn’t watch it in the summer but you couldn’t have a winter only deal. I also found them very difficult to terminate the agreement.

I think we have the same taste in horses Clodagh.
My daughter has a friend who works for John Gosden. She spent years in NH yards but the money in a good flat yard is a totally different thing!!

Visit site
Clodagh Nicky Henderson now has one that I thought a lot of at ours - Precious Cargo. He will be out in a few weeks when the ground is soft enough for him so watch out for him! He will be bloomin good at worst if they can take his racing style!

We obvious have Arthur and Big River who are good horses and hopefully some of the youngsters will be nice horses but you never know until you try them.

I was very jealous of Cheltenham getting rain yesterday!

Clodagh

Visit site
Yes I don't watch it in the summer so it does work out expensive. I will now keep it for 18 months, so it will see me through next season as well and then cancel it for the summer. I have not had any trouble cancelling it I must say, they are very efficient.
I spend no money on myself and rarely go out so it is my annual treat. :)

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Loving watching the NH racing now the season is getting going. I do have RUK and I love being able to watch mid week meetings and some of their features are really interesting. Having said that, the new ITV coverage is really good and I do watch them when they are covering the bigger meetings. The subscription is a bit of a luxury but whilst I can afford it, I will carry on

lar

Visit site
I'd have been more excited if I hadn't had money on the two horses that ran out on Friday at Cheltenham!
L'ill Rockefeller looked a class act if he can learn to stop guessing at the fences. We all commented on how good he looked going down to post.
Agree though - jump racing always gets the blood going more than the flat. I think it's because you see the same horses coming back season on season so you get to know and love them.

Visit site
Agree though - jump racing always gets the blood going more than the flat. I think it's because you see the same horses coming back season on season so you get to know and love them.

That's exactly why people love jumps racing! Where else would you see the same 4 horses fighting it out in the Gold Cup 4 years running? Or the same horse win the same Championship race 4 times over? Not on the flat!

Cracksman - retired.
Roaring Lion - one more run then retired.
Justify - 4 runs then retired.
Your lucky to see a flat horse run as a 4yo! Most finish at 3yo to the breeding sheds.

But jump horses keep coming back for more!

bonny

Visit site
That's exactly why people love jumps racing! Where else would you see the same 4 horses fighting it out in the Gold Cup 4 years running? Or the same horse win the same Championship race 4 times over? Not on the flat!

Cracksman - retired.
Roaring Lion - one more run then retired.
Justify - 4 runs then retired.
Your lucky to see a flat horse run as a 4yo! Most finish at 3yo to the breeding sheds.

But jump horses keep coming back for more!
Winx, Cox Plate 4 years in a row !

Visit site
Winx, Cox Plate 4 years in a row !

Yes but she isn't racing against the same horses every year 😉 she is one of a kind! I have huge respect for her and her resilience! 1 Cox Plate is some effort let alone 4! All against different rivals. You might have had one or two do a couple of them but that's not quite the same as Kauto Star, Denman, Long Run and Neptune Collanges all coming up that Cheltenham hill year after year!

The Australians keep arguing to be allowed AI and if they get their way (which they wont) you could have 50 Winx's on surrogate mares. Actually to be fair the Aussies want ai from stallions so they don't need to shuttle their mares half way round the world to visit Galileo!

humblepie

Visit site
My flat horse raced til he was 8 as did the big long distance handicaps. A few of his contemporaries mixed flat and hurdles but he just stayed on the flat. It’s lovely to see the old jump horses back and exciting new recruits. That said went to Ascot for champions day and the racing was very exciting.

Fanatical

Visit site
National Hunt racing is pretty much the best thing about winter. I LOVE it!
The only problem I have is wanting to sit all cosy on the sofa watching it all afternoon on a Saturday, when i have to head out and do the yard mid afternoon. Most annoying! Haha! So end up recording it and watching the later races later on.

only_me

Visit site
Saw a fab horse on facebook recently, called Malone Road - it just kicked into another gear on the straight and cruised home about 20 lengths free!!

Visit site
Saw a fab horse on facebook recently, called Malone Road - it just kicked into another gear on the straight and cruised home about 20 lengths free!!

I used to ride his mother! Zaffarella! She is owned by Pete Buchanan and has 4 or 5 offspring. The first sold for 100k, went on to win it's first 3 bumpers/ hurdles. The next sold for 60k I think and again has won a point and 2 bumpers so far. Malone Road sold for 320k? If I remember rightly! Gordon Elliott bought him for Chevely park.

The mare was a half decent racehorse to be fair to her and is producing far better than herself - which is a good thing! Zaffarella ran against a Horse called Valentines Lady a few times - VL is one of my horses at works mother - Midnight- small world!

only_me

Visit site
I used to ride his mother! Zaffarella! She is owned by Pete Buchanan and has 4 or 5 offspring. The first sold for 100k, went on to win it's first 3 bumpers/ hurdles. The next sold for 60k I think and again has won a point and 2 bumpers so far. Malone Road sold for 320k? If I remember rightly! Gordon Elliott bought him for Chevely park.

The mare was a half decent racehorse to be fair to her and is producing far better than herself - which is a good thing! Zaffarella ran against a Horse called Valentines Lady a few times - VL is one of my horses at works mother - Midnight- small world!

Thats so weird! Very small world! Yep sold for 325 which is cheap for malone road :p

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Clodagh

Visit site
Did anyone watch Kempton yesterday? Epatante was something special, everyone else kicking like crazy and Barry Geraghty hauling on the reins until over the last and then woosh like a rocket.

Clodagh

Visit site
Oh! And another thing. Did anyone watch the Badger Ales on Saturday? A friend of ours owns On Demand, wasn't she great! (She was only 5th so will forgive you if you didn't notice her but she ran beautifully).

bonny

Visit site
Oh! And another thing. Did anyone watch the Badger Ales on Saturday? A friend of ours owns On Demand, wasn't she great! (She was only 5th so will forgive you if you didn't notice her but she ran beautifully).
She ran well, at the front so I’m sure she was noticed, just ran out of steam at the end. The winner was brilliant, all very emotional.

bonny

Visit site
Well my searching really was rubbish then! Can you tell me where you look? Thank you
If you search for a horses name on sporting life racing you can press on entries to see if there are any in the next 6 days. He isn’t entered anywhere at the moment but presumably is ready to run and will soon.