Nice beaches in East Lothian areas to take Shetland pony and have picnic

Bobby2004

New User
Visit site
I’m looking to take my daughter to the beach with her Shetland for a birthday surprise. Can anyone recommend a nice beach along the coast to North Berwick where we could park up, have a picnic and a splash in the water and a trot along the beach. We live inland so am not familiar which ones are horse friendly. Thanks for any suggestions.

McFluff

Visit site
Yellowcraigs and Dunbar both have Horsebox parking. Sadly since covid both areas are busier than ever and a lot of dogs around. None of the other beaches have parking that suits boxes or trailers (height restrictions in place due to camper vans!).
I’ve been unable to park before (sunny Sunday afternoon), so choose your time wisely.

Bobby2004

New User
Visit site
Yellowcraigs and Dunbar both have Horsebox parking. Sadly since covid both areas are busier than ever and a lot of dogs around. None of the other beaches have parking that suits boxes or trailers (height restrictions in place due to camper vans!).
I’ve been unable to park before (sunny Sunday afternoon), so choose your time wisely.
Thank you so much for this information, really useful.