Nice feed-back from liveries!

DragonSlayer

Visit site
...it's nice to get it sometimes!

Just heard through the grapevine that liveries are as happy as they have ever been, because they have never been anywhere that has had grass for their horses to eat without having to feed hay yet!

This next week will see us starting to out hay out for ours, and I'm sure the liveries will follow our lead....

Just shows our endless graft at maintaining the paddocks is paying off. :D
Each livery has their own paddock, you don't have to go through any other paddocks to get to them, so no eating of other horses etc etc as you walk past....it's all very pleasant, well....I think so, anyway!

Would be nice if they told me though sometimes!

Ah well, no-one moaning for a few more days then!

Hehehe......

Bosworth

www.ballhillequestrian.co.uk
I have told my liveries they can all stay out 24/7 for teh forseeable future, we have a ridiculous amount of grass, all extremely happy as saves on hay and bedding costs. I took 2 of mine out this weekend and they have developed massive grass bellies, brilliant in November.

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
the majority of my liveries horses are still out 24/7, yet a couple are moaning that there isnt as much grass as earlier in the year... yet they always have their heads down munching! and in the next breath they moan their too fat. in the past we've managed to let them stay out 24/7 until just before Christmas, then they are in at night and out in the day.

its always nice though when you hear good feedback about your yard, sometimes i think its nicer to have it come through the grapevine as it all helps build and maintain your reputation.

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
As a word of warning there is still plenty of goodness in that grass.... we have a pony who has been very carefully handled over the summer months to prevent Lami suddenly come down with it now :(

The owners have had her on restricted grazing right over the summer as a precaution and then have only turned her out for a couple of hours during the day in the past couple of weeks. However apparently doing this and then bringing her in and feeding her a small haynet over night has still been enough to bring on a nasty case of lami :(