Nice Loan Home??

Visit site
Can anyone advise where i can start looking for a 5* loan home for one of our horses? I am reluctant to advertise in the paper, I have tried word of mouth, but no one suitable has come forward. he is a real lovely boy, but a bit on the big side for most people (17.2HH), and also rides very big, so frightens everyone off!! He can be rather exuberant at times! but has no malice in him, just enjoys his work!Obviously he needs someone special! Any suggestions?

Boodle

Visit site
*Raises hand* lol!

On a serious note... have you tried putting adverts up in event venues. I always find that a reliable way.

Visit site
there has been some cases in our area recently of people taking horse on loan then selling them on! This is the first horse we have ever put out on loan, so how do you know who's nice and going to look after them??

Visit site
Yes, I have got some pics, I don't mind if he goes away as long as i am guaranteed it is a 5* home.It looks like my daughter has already put one on here!! I can ask her to put some more on tomorrow, if you want to see him, he's a lovely boy!

bonny

Visit site
This is my first attempt at a message - wondering how easy you find it to loan a big horse - I've been trying for a few weeks now without sucess. Horse is a tb ex racer easy in every way but he is big and nobody seems to want him. Does anybody have any ideas where else I could try ?

hadfos

Visit site
I dont envy you at all,can i ask why you are loaning him out??i sometimes think you would be better selling,just to save on heartache if things dont work out,however there are alot of very nice people out there,depends on how quick you want to loan him out??the best loan option is to keep him were he is until you are happy that the person is competent enough to your standard to look after him,then make sure in the contract it states you will be visiting VERY regularly to make sure he ok,if not,he is taken home there and then!!if you are in a position to wait for the right person??Loaning seems to have become a very sore subject in the last 20yrs,if i hadnt got my boy i would be down there being vetted by you right now unfortunately i cannot afford two!!!

Halfpass

Visit site
I loaned out my last horse he was a 17hh ID x TB. I put an ad in horsemart and had 2 weeks of 2 viewings per day!!
I had originonaly decided to see everyone then ask those that I thought suitable beck for a hack etc. But I actually found the right person with the first one that looked. Her and horse klicked straight away as did we.
I really don't think you will have much trouble as big horses for loan that can move yards don't come up that often!!

Blizzard

Visit site
Before i bought Beau i had him on loan with view to buy, he was on horsemart, I was the first person to see him, and the owner was happy for me to have him.

We lived 4 hours north from her and moved him up here with us.

He is 17.3hh and had been off work for a year, and he was thin and unfit,so we had no idea what he would become when he was in better condition and fit. Luckily for us he has been nothing but a star.

His owner had plenty of interest though, I think because he was attracting the dressage market, i remember one woman getting very angry because she wanted him for dressage but his owner and decided on us and didnt want anyone else to even view him.

I would stick an ad on Horsequest and Horsemart, afterall just because you get a lot of interest doesnt mean you have to let everyone on his back!

I dont really know how you expect someone to come forward if he isnt advertised anywhere.

PaddyMonty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

OMG, what happend?

[/ QUOTE ]

His shiver had deterioated to the point where he could no longer be ridden safely. He has been retired for the last 3 months and hated living out and not working.
He would have had to come in overnight soon as he wont winter out. This would have really agravated his shiver so after long consoltation with vet we decided it was best to let him go.

Visit site
Actually we do have him advertised elsewhere, but the type of people he is attracting are not right for him.

He is 17.2hh, 17 years old bay, I believe he has previously evented, dressage is his forte. He has never had any health problems whilst with us. ]

PaintboxEDT

Visit site
i was looking for a 15.15.3 for loan and i ended up with this !!
DSCF0140.jpg

a 17hh gelderlander !! and wouldnt be without him now,dont worry someone will soon snap your boy up,good luck
smile.gif

Visit site
He looks lovely! I just hope we find someone nice for him, he deserves it!I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and advertise in the paper, But I will not let them all ride,as the previous person suggests, I think I will meet them all and then decide who is more suitable and only let those ride him!

PaintboxEDT

Visit site
i got my boy through word of mouth !
i think your boys size should put off alot of silly people and you should get someone more serious and experianced,well hopefully anyway !!

Visit site
Well if I knew how to upload picutres on here I would put some on!! If anyone is seriously looking or something of this size and can guarantee an excellent home please contact me. He is 17.2hh, a big boy who rides big as well, can be cold backed, depending on the weather!, has no vices, not keen on buses or really big traffic, we live right by the port so we have massive tankers here, which he doesn't like. but he is a lovely chap who needs more than we can offer. any competant riders interested, please let me know.