Nightmare YO! Sorry for the rant but Im so upset!

Bexaco

Visit site
Ok so the deal is my horse is a bit of a crazy mare, and she will jump nost fencing. Due to this YO made me keep her in all last summer which stressed her out and made her loose condition so at the end of this winter she said if I secure the small field (less than an acre) with fencing around 8foot then she could go out.... So I did.
All was fine for about 2 weeks and she had been living out for half a day in for half to save grass, then YO puts her 2 horses on there because it was closer to the yard for her to turnout, and they lived out day and night, and fox was allowed in with them for half a day, every other day!
shocked.gif
I was to say the least slightly miffed, especially as YO decided field needed resting so Fox had to be in all the time while hers simply moved to a different field!
So after some more time she said I could buy new fencing for the 3 acre field and she could go out in there with a companion... I did this, Dad helped me put in up, the fencing cost around £300 so cheap really but not the point! Finally shes allowed to go out full time but soon the field is home to a small heard and YO decides to rest it!! But I feel quiet lucky as she allows me to put her back on the small field alone!
However today she comes up to me and says mine will have to stay in for a month as she has a mare and foal livery coming in that need my field!!!!!
mad.gif

Is it just me or is this really unfair?! Im probably over reacting but its been happening so long now that Ive reached boiling point! Poor Foxy has only just turned 4 and gets bored stiff in the stable!! To top the lot the facilities are c**p and so my little field was the only place I had to ride!! Now What do I do. I feel incredibly foolish and angry!
So also if anyone knows of any livery available in the nottingham area sloseish to Radcliffe on Trent then please let me know. I dont think I can cope much longer!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Poor you.
That sounds completely unreasonable...but YO's gradually go mad over a period of time. I've also found that the more you are willing to do to be a helpful, good livery, the more they take the p*** out of you.
Time to leave, take Foxy to another, nicer yard where she will be happier, and you'll be able to enjoy her without stress.
While you look for somewhere to move to, can your Dad not have a word with her? He sounds groovey!
S
smile.gif

merlinsquest

Visit site
I think you should move when your next payment is due, dont give any notice and take all the fencing with you!!!!! Even if you cant use it again...

Sorry but your yard owner sounds a complete pain in the arse!! and deserves all she gets.

Foxford

Visit site
I would take your fencing down and move!!
mad.gif
Sounds petty but if she wants to play that game...!! Have you said to her you are really unhappy about all the moving and then staying in? Grr, would cheese me right off!

luie123

Visit site
Have you tried Carol Fisher at Newton, or Trisha Large in East Bridgford.I can suggest lots of other places, just let me know what facilities you want

Bexaco

Visit site
My Dad is going up this weekend to have a go at her and try and set her right. I said I didnt want her in all the time today, and she said I can turn her out over night on the 15 square metre wood chip enclosure!!!! Why would I want that!!!? I think I am deffo going to have to get out while Im still somewhat sane! I will get all the lads to come down and rip up the fencing, especially in the little one, as I dont want my fencing being used to her advantage!
I live right next to Fishers, but unfortunately their turnout is no good, I will go and check out e-bridge as also very close, but any others would be greatly appreciated. All I need is a menage and some quietish hacking. I at least feel alot better now Ive got it off my chest thankyou!

luie123

Visit site
there are lots of places in eb, but not many with school, or high enough fencing maybe. you could try shelford to then at least you would still have toll ride. Further afield theres nice places in Scarrington. If you need anymore info let me know

Bexaco

Visit site
Thats super thankyou! Will get back to you if I need any more yard ideas!

Yup deffo have to move on, I work for the woman as well so it means I have the satisfaction of quiting!
grin.gif

Happytohack

Visit site
What are you waiting for - MOVE. YO is completely taking the P...S. For goodness sake and for the sake of your mare, get out of there asap.

altia

www.myspace.com
If it was me that the bought the fencing for the small field or any for that matter I would take the fencing down when not in use. But then I am a twisted cow or so I have been told.

altia

marmite

Visit site
move,move,move if the yard owner is not prepared to be fair on you why should you pay her to keep your horse there?

you could find a yard with facilities so you can ride an where they may be more understanding of a young mares quirks.

This woman sounds selfish and she obviously just puts her own needs and convinience before her liveries,remeber you are the ones earning her a living.

Bexaco

Visit site
Well Im glad to see it was not just me getting worked up to much. I told some of my mates about it and they said to stop being silly but they are non horsey! Dad is going up there this weekend threatening to take her to small claims court for breeching a verbal disagreement and offering her the choice to ammend what shes doing and pay for the time he has spent fixing the fields and various jobs he has done to make the yard safe ( his rate is £700 per day!) So It might at least frighten her enough to make her stop being a cow till I manage to find somewhere else!
Sometimes I wish I never got into horses, dont get me wrong I love them to bits, especially Fox, but this is certainly not the first time Ive been screwed over! Im currently convincing Dad to sell up and buy with land anyway so fingers crossed!!!
crazy.gif

pagancluf

Visit site
Aaah Bex, I bet you are at your wits end - horrible woman. She is well selfish and taking advantage of your kind nature. You def need to move and rip up your fencing too, don't let her get the benefit of it! Poor Foxy.
mad.gif

BethH

Visit site
I think the yard owner is being unfair and creating a situation that makes it hard for your horse to settle. I run a small yard and had an issue with one of the horses, the owner has been incredibly responsible and even bought her own electric fencing so that the her horses can have their own area of grazing within our herd, hence all owners and horses are safe and happy.

I am delighted that I have such a good genuine bunch of people at my yard and I certainly wouldn't be trying to upset them like this. Yard owners too often forget that they are offering a service which you pay for, they generally need your cash to survive so I would move to someone that appreciates it. I would also get your horse electric fence with the very tall 5ft posts, if she gets a few zaps hopefully that will keep her off the fence line. Put it up even if you are in a fenced field as a double fence hopefully deter her - sounds like a good horse for eventing tho!

mickey

Visit site
Oh I feel for you. I have been at a few yds over the years and have come across the most selfish YO's you would believe. One yard the YO was using bagloads of my horse food (and denying it), anything like mane and tail spray, supplements would vanish.....and so it went on. In the end I left and had to leave my stable matting and weave grill behind due to them insisting that taking it out would 'destory' the stable to take it out (the matting was screwed into the breeze block walls of the stables). And that was just one YO!
I really got to the point where I was so stressed with it I wished desperately I could have my own land (Sadly that is not an option).
Your YO is totally taking the p***. Does she not have enough land for all her horses and liveries? In which case she shouldn't be taking so many on.
I would be very careful about getting the fencing. Beware that she could start accusing you of damage/leaving her land unfenced etc if you take it down and she wants to play nasty.
Get out as soon as you can!
It's so difficult because as a livery you have limited powers, suggest drawing up a contract at your next place, it can save arguments.

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
i run my own yard to and i cant beleive she is doing that all of my horses apart from my copetition horses go out with the liveries they all get the same hay, bedding etc - of course i can have a field on my own etc for the foal !! !

unfortunately i dont think some people realise a livery yard is a business and you are providin a service to someone !!

im sure in marks and spencers you wouldnt be told no sorry you cant have that fillet stake as the manger wants it for dinner !!!