No Broadway for me - season finished

cheeky girl

community.webshots.com
Can't go to Broadway this weekend as I rode Charm the other day and when I went to feed her she couldn't put her head down to eat. Turns out she has been cast in the stable so the vet has prescribed two weeks rest with bute, then physio and see how she is.
Quick halt to the season. Horrible seeing her unable to graze
frown.gif
Hope the bute kicks in soon as she's not impressed at being left in.
Good luck to anyone else competing there
smile.gif

coedcae

Visit site
Oh what a shame, but at least you know she has 'done' something rather than being left wondering. Focus on the highs of the season and the prospect of some BSJA to look forward to over the winter
crazy.gif

BBs

Visit site
Oh hunny! Ive been there!

Thats exactly what happend to winston last year! I put him out and noticed he couldnt put his head down to graze - everyone said i was mad but I knew something was wrong.

Got Chiro out and she sorted him out a treat! Now winston has to wear an anticast roller every night - just incase! its a pain in the arse for him but better that than getting stuck again!

Naww hugs hunny! after sucha confidence boost at charlton park too! these things are sent to try us!

Youll be both back - good as new in 21 wks time
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
Well I think I bought one from YHL last year - winston broke it that very same evening! they dont make them like they used too - also winston is a bit of a bull!

I now have a very very old one that the farm gave me! however, winston has yet to break it - like i say they dont make them like they used too lol

Years ago they were the IN thing now finding an anitcast roller can be difficult
frown.gif

siennamum

Visit site
Poor girly. Sienna gets lots of wither pain & has regular chiro visits, it must be so sore for them.
You finished on agood note though, which must be a relief, also it's only a couple of months till JAS, & before you know it it'll be March!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]

Years ago they were the IN thing now finding an anitcast roller can be difficult
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hear about your horse but at least you know what's wrong and have done something about it.

Also to add if anyone wants a full size English one, pm me!!
blush.gif

grin.gif

BBs

Visit site
When did she do it Lisa?

Have you got access to an equissage or held hand massage unit? this is what i used on winston!
Then got the chiro to fix him. They usually like to wait a couple of days for brusing/inflamation to come out! but using a massage unit may free her up a little
smile.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
Oh bless her poor girlie!
Boss had a bad HF couple of years ago and landed head first- the shock concertinered up his neck and he couldnt put it down for several days- just nursed him through it and fed from chest level but it was a bit worrying

cheeky girl

community.webshots.com
Tuesday evening. She couldn't go below chest height. Physio looked at her and she was able to go to about knee but still no grazing. Called vet as thought she needed some painkillers. She's had two sachets of that but is still no better (and grumpy cause she's stuck in) Can reach her fetlock at a struggle
frown.gif

BBs

Visit site
Yeah I would hire it or buy a massage thing off ebay - Mrs T just got one!
I had one (bougth it from blenhiem tho) theyre exactly the same as mine (160) but on ebay they are about £30!

I have this to hand so can give winst a quick massage when ever i feel necessary - plus you can use it anywhere on the horses body.

Give Mrs T a pm to show you where to get it from
smile.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Oh no what a shame to end there just as you were both getting really confident at PN. At least it is not pontispool you are missing!
wink.gif

SilGathien

Visit site
What rotten luck! Hope she gets better soon.

I was off to Broadway too, but the horse turned out lame yesterday >:[.

No competing for us >_<

scs

Visit site
That is such a shame - hope she feels more comfortable soon.

We have a mare who used to get cast a lot (we would wake up in the night to the sound of her crashing about and have to run outside to see if she had freed herself). We found that putting anti-cast strips round her box (you put them at about dado rail height) really works. You can buy them from compaies who do the rubber flooring for stables, and they are really quick and easy to put in, and it means they have something to push against to get themselves upright. Well worth the investment, can recommend.

kick_On

Visit site
morning
my only words are bu88er!! If you have a problem finding anti-cast thing i have one round you can use cos i used to have gg who would cast himself. Looks ugly but does the job
I hope TLC will the only thing you need, and next season you'll be flying round again

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Ohhhh jeeez Lisa!
frown.gif
I hope Charm's ok soon - you must be gutted - but as long as Charm recovers ok - that's the main thing!
*hugs*
Kate xx

cheeky girl

community.webshots.com
Thanks guys I did sulk on Sunday especially as I had to work - lol!
The Danilon has kicked in now and she's fine now, able to grazw - phew.
Hopefully now when she comes off them on Thursday she will still be ok.
crazy.gif

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
I can understand the sulking bit - I've not been to a comp since June 05!!!!!
blush.gif
shocked.gif
frown.gif
I am hoping that soon that may change... (Please noone tell H that! LOL!!!!)
Kate x