No calls yet - are cheap horseboxes selling at the moment?

ecrozier

Visit site
Put ads for our 7.5t horsebox online last week (thursday and friday, on Horsedeals and FreeAds) and not had any interest at all yet! I don't think we've overpriced her at all - in fact I think a bit of a bargain considering some of the others there for under £5000 - but maybe nothing sells this time of year? We were going to hang on til the spring but have been offered quite a good deal on another lorry which will carry all three of our horses - just not quite enough space for 3 big ones on existing lorry. The price we have been offered the other one for is too good to say no but need to sell poor old bluebell first really! Its so hard because its impossible to describe to people how reliable she's been for the last 3 years....but then everyone says that on an advert don't they!!
Has anyone sold a budget but very reliable/tidy older lorry recently? Or is the market for 7.5t dead now that so many people need 3.5t? Or anyone know anyone looking for a super reliable lorry for well under £5k!!??
grin.gif

Squeak

Visit site
I sold mine that sounds similar to yours but did it through word of mouth and got nothing through advertising.

ecrozier

Visit site
Squeak - will try that. Need to do ad out to Riding Club.
Crazypony and Ben and Jerrys - know she is old and no cut through but does have CCTV fitted and the stuff selling for that money is real rubbish. Bluebell is a great lorry for someone on a budget, this year was the irst time its cost me more than £400 to get her through plating and that was only because we had a big brake overhaul. I'd rather keep her than let her go for that money and carry on borrowing a trailer when we need to take 3 out together - luckily OH will drive one or the other!
BlueBear if she is tell her to PM me!!
Sky123 come have a look - I can't begin to tell you how much fun we have had in that lorry - my firned and travel companion said the other day how much she miss Blueb when she sells - they'd buy themselves but she is 5 months pregnant! I was considering an Equitrek last year but decided on balance that for the money I'd rather stick with a lorry and save the petrol day-to-day with my little runaround! She has got the odd bit of rust on the side skirts but is cosmetic (passed plating o problems) and nothing on the cab, and most importantly she starts first time evry time even in mid winter, and will run all day if you ask her too! Oh and the horses travel really well.
Advert is here:
http://www.horsedeals.co.uk/horseboxes/h..._18-11-09-52564

ladyt25

Visit site
We sold our Ford Cargo 811 back in Apr/May time for just over £2K. It sold within 3 weeks to about the 3rd caller I think. You may have overpriced yours a little bit to be honest. Ours was the same age as yours. Think we advertised it for £2750 (wanting anything from £2200 to £2500 really).

A week isn't a long time though - maybe give it a bit longer . If you're not desperate to sell, sit it out see if you get any response. If not then consider dropping the price a bit.

Do you have it advertised anywhere else? I have to say whenever i am looking for horses/horseboxes I always look on horsemart (we sold ours through HM). May be worth sticking it on there too?

ecrozier

Visit site
Hmm, maybe Lady T. To be honest I figred people will probably offer about £500 less than the asking price so £2750... Ideally I need X-amount to go towards the new lorry.

I'm not in a desperate rush altho be good to get done and sorted by Christmas, she is in the Horsedeals that comes out end of this week I think so will probably give it a couple of weeks after that comes out at that price and then maybe reconsider. Might pop her on Horsemart too tho, see if get any response from there!