No grass, anyone else having the same problem?

Dottie

Visit site
I'm in Essex too, and have NO grass!
crazy.gif

I don't usually buy hay in until november, but i'm going to have to get some in this weekend.
frown.gif

Please, Please RAIN!!!!!

Carsmore

Visit site
I have way too much grass this year. I have never had so much! having to put most of the horses in my "fat club" paddock to get some weight off them! even thinking of buying more sheep in to eat it off.

Dottie

Visit site
I'm near maldon. We only had a bit of rain one night last week, but like you every thing here is brown and burnt
frown.gif

The dew in the morning is helping a little bit, but i've never known anything this
crazy.gif
frown.gif

Ziggy_

Visit site
I'm also in East Kent and there's no grass here either; however after spending all summer fighting a losing battle with my mare's weight due to my last yard (knee deep grass, not allowed to restrict grazing AT ALL) I'm happy to feed hay and enjoying seeing her waistline slowly going down. I can feel ribs again, yay!
smile.gif

trundle

Visit site
My field doesn't seem to have much grass...but both mares are approximately the size and shape of killer whales (well, with long legs), and show no signs of dropping off. OK, mine gets a feed daily, but her companion doesn't, and is still huge.

Carsmore

Visit site
Whats rain? come up here to Yorkshire and we can show you bloody rain! I would gladly share some of ours with you punkpony! if only.... then we would all be happy!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
stacks of it, could take another cut of silage off the hay field if we wanted to, horses are getting an hour a day on a small square of it atm as there is so much.

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Another Essex girl here and we have no grass at all. Our YO looks after the paddocks but we have had NO rain at all, for weeks and weeks....in fact I can't remember the last time we had any decent rain
confused.gif
The ground is like concrete, the grass that is there is brown and dry. I've started feeding hay in the field as she was coming in last week like a rocket as she was so hungry.

We are desperate for rain and hope we get some soon