No Olympia Thread?!

swalk

Visit site
Am thinking that the course builder for this grand prix has gone into hiding and there are lots of angry riders looking for them!!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Interesting to see it looked like a couple of the riders weren't wearing spurs unless I just couldn't see them.

Know why they do it but those unclipped spur patches are giving me ocd I think they look ugly!

Wonder what they will show next I thought they had red button coverage all evening but isn't this the last class?

I'm impressed they can memorise the jump off course by looking at a map is struggle to work out where every jump was in relation to the next one.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I find the pre class entertainment hasn't looked as good this year have watched some with OH as it's been on the red button, you can appreciate the work that goes into it but it's not been as exciting for non horsey people of which there must be a few at Olympia all the same sort of thing.

He enjoyed the dogs and even got into the puissance but the mounted police etc used to do more "exciting " things such as jumping through the fire/ taking their saddles off etc.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
The MET police still do that, they were there last year iirc, and it is always most fun to watch the naughty ones. The french are much more dressage based so completely different. The MET horses definitely don't go half as well as that.

MagicMelon

Visit site
There was a distinct lack of rosette throwing on wednesday other than the shetlands :mad:

Why should they though? They pay a lot of money to get / be there so I dont think they should feel obliged to chuck their well earned rossettes away! How do you know these riders dont give them to theiir horses owners kids for example... I'd keep mine!

On another note, love Scott Brash - what a genuinely nice bloke who really appreciated Ursula.

Andy Austin has always driven me nuts too!

ester

Visit site
I've always presumed they usually have a spare set ;) I think that was the first time I'd seen them not thrown in a long time of visiting. It's always seemed a bit of an olympia 'thing' to me as one of the arenas that is small enough.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I always wanted to take part in the Shetland pony grand national when I was younger! Looks like you need to be well connected to take part nowadays?

I like the commentator implying the little mascot may seem cute but it's actually a s***land and the person looking after it is intrepid 😂😂 it nearly got away from her the other night when I was watching 😂

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
didn't much care for the Spanish guy-too much of the horses holding quite unnatural poses and they did seem to find it hard to get down? didn't like the dogs bouncing all over them either.

loved the horses in the Azerbaijan troop and thought the dancers quite erm, energetic-they should release a fitness video-I would be totally up for that.

French-very polished, nice to see a good drill ride.

small baby Shietland-hilarious.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
The Puissance, even my totally un-horsey OH said he could see the French horse-Dassler-was going to have no problem jumping the wall despite the commentator incredulously saying 'The horse isn't even looking where he's going!' So bouncy, he was hilarious!

ester

Visit site
Yup same Daniel, he has got massively better.

Re. Santi it's been the same horse every time I've seen it that has been reluctant to lie down.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I was surprised when they said he is indeed the stuntman talk about multi talented! And they were saying he has recently been working on game of thrones and star wars as were 2 of his horses.

This driving commentator is good as he's using the f1 comparisons to make it appeal to non horsey people.

The cost of the carriages 😮

ester

Visit site
They had to do a last minute display on wednesday as the Azerbajani's couldn't make it on time.

Yup, even cheap carriages aren't cheap ;), and they need their own transport ;)

HappyHorses:)

Visit site
I'm sure 12.2s used to look smaller ....
Cracking ponies tho. What a lovely way for the kids to start Christmas. The winner was a great little rider but she held on to those rosettes meant for the audience 😂