No passport

summertoots

Visit site
I am about to take a pony on loan for my daughter, cracking pony, have known it for a few years and she is perfect for a first pony. However I dont think she has a passport!!!!
Not sure how to bring this up with the owners as I need a number for my insurance company, and we will be traveling it as my daughter wants to do pony club.

spotsmum

Visit site
I would just ask them if pony has one. Expalin that all horses have to have a passport by law, and you will need the no for ins and travelling. They shouldnt mind you asking as you are only trying to abide by the law and do the best for pony by insuring it etc

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
start by asking owners for ponies passport tell you need number to insure pony if it doesnt have one then the owner can apply for one

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, agree.

summertoots

Visit site
Don't want to come across as a nag...they are nice people and are upset that they are having to give the pony up, only doing so as they know how good a match it is and that she will want for nothing.

geronimostilton

Visit site
I would assume she does have a passport, given that it's the law, and ask them for the passport number for the insurance.

It could be that she does have one, the owners just haven't mentioned it. If she doesn't then you can explain that she needs one
smile.gif