Nobivac lepto4

Redders

Visit site
It’s not a real thing. It’s a thing that some owners/breeders/trainers attribute to something that has happened following an L4 vaccine that was most likely unrelated entirely. There is potential for ALL vaccines (and medications) to provoke a reaction, but this is no more likely with the L4 vaccine than any other vaccine given

[153312]

Visit site
Thank you - I'm in a group for people who have adopted from the same rescue my dog is from and some of them seem very aggressively anti lepto4 but wouldn't say why. One linked to a group but it mostly seemed to be anti vaccination/pro homeopathy over traditional veterinary medication ????? and I can't find anything from veterinary sources about it (but obviously I'm just a layperson so could completely feasibly be looking in totally the wrong places).

Redders

Visit site
Have a look at the WSAVA website for vaccine info and also the statement they issued blasting the news report as being wholly inaccurate. They give independent recommendations on vaccine requirements worldwide. The VMD will have info on efficacy and adverse events etc. there is also a Facebook group called: my dog had the L4 vaccine and lived
Or something like that

Boulty

Visit site
It's mostly FB propaganda. ANY vaccine has the potential to produce side effects but I work at a large, busy vet practice & can't think of any serious ones I've seen that could specifically be blamed on L4.

I have seen multiple dogs die from catching Lepto though & it's not a nice death. It's a much more serious disease than the antivax groups would have you believe & not something that tends to just get better with antibiotics unless you're very lucky & have caught it very early (I can't fully remember but I think a couple of those had received L2 but not L4 & so sadly weren't fully protected)