nolton stables, pembrokeshire and hello

sarahmb

Visit site
Hi all I'm new here, though been lurking for a while.

I was wondering if anyone knows nolton stables and their horses? there is a sale of surplus stock tomorrow in leominster tomorrow and they look great. Id be looking for a calm first horse happy hacker for me, hopefully with a bit of a jump for my 13 year old son, nothing too exciting! but who could be a family friend. (I wouldn't go on my own, before you ask)

heres a list : http://www.noltonstables.com/localinfo.html
does anyone know them or any or these horses? sorry about the rather cheeky first post

niaismyname

Visit site
Hey, welcome!
laugh.gif

i ride at Nolton stables every year, i go on the beach ride when i go on holiday, & its brilliant.
All of the horses are exceptional in traffic, out hacking, everything because they hack out every day in the summer.
I've ridden Arnie, 14hh 9yo on that list, & he was very good, didnt bat an eyelid at anything we encountered!
I've seen most of the horses on that list being ridden on the beach ride, & all are very experienced hackers, veryyy safe. :)
hope this helps, xx

sarahmb

Visit site
Thanks very much. I'll let you know if I pluck up the courage to actully buy at auction! they sound great, and just what I am looking for.

coincidentally i'm going to pembrokeshire on holiday in june, so I shall make sure we all go on the beach ride in any event

beccawilson

Visit site
I can vouch for Nolton Stables having wonderful horses, you can't go wrong with one of their cobs, they are all so reliable and well behaved I wouldn't have any qualms in buying any of the horses on their sale list. Having seen most of them in action, and knowing the family, I can thoroughly recommend buying one of their horses. If you don't buy at auction you can always give them a call and ask about for any information on their horses and sales etc. Good luck with your horse search!

rubyrumba

Visit site
I know them there, one of my very good friends does all of the teacching there. Not sure what they are selling though but they are not all cobs. All of their trekkers are very very quiet and safe though.

Mudsplasher

Visit site
The bay in my signature is a Nolton horse by Nolton Druid. He's retired now but still has a wonderful character and is lovely to handle - big softy that he is
grin.gif
. We stay in Nolton every year and have done the beach rides too. We're due to go again in about 3 weeks can't wait !