Non-heating conditioning food

bubblemc

Visit site
My 17 year old is looking poor along his topline. He hasn't been in work for a while and I was aiming to start doing something with him but his backline looks very poor and I'm also a bit worried about him looking poor going into winter.

I have looked on a few of the feed websites but wondered if anyone could recommend a non-heating conditioner. He can be difficult to handle so I'd like something as low heating as possible.

At the momennt he just has one large scoop of hifi light, and around 1/3 of a bale of hay per night (he's in from around 8/9pm until 6am).

Thanks

Tinks81

Visit site
I would personally feed a balancer to help him get more out of the feed he is on at the moment then you are not changing anything x

Shay

Visit site
Try a look at the Allen and Page range. I cannot reccommend them too highly.

I know feed makes a difference to a horse - but I've always been a bit sceptical about how much of a difference. But we switched to Allen & Page (from Balieys - not that this is relevant it could have been anything I think) and the difference in fizzy ned is absolutely incredible.

The feedline were really helpful - and they sent a good big sample so we could have a proper try before we bought. Very impressed.

Aztecflyer

Visit site
Simple Systems!

They are amazing, have just moved my boy on to it and in 3 weeks his spark came back, he has a lovely top line and the feed is all natural! woulodnt feed anything else. Have a large range for fatties to Skinnies! Worth looking at!

CBFan

Visit site
I would personally just add micronised linseed (just a mug or two a da will be enough - a sack lasts me 4 months!) and a broad spec vit and min supplement to what he already gets. You could also try feeding speedi-beet or Alan and page FAst fibre too.

The linseed will provide all the calories he needs while also lubricating aging joints, helping his coat and feet.

The vits and mins will help provide him with all he needs in his older age.

Speedi-beet and Fast fibre are both great for helping them hold condition. Both non heating.

Keep it simple ;)

Escada2004

Visit site
I feed Allen and Page Calm and Condition with Mollichaff Calmer and my sharp youngster looks fab on it - also give her NAF Omega oil, Superflex and as she is a little marish angus cactus - obviously your boy wont need that ;)

Venevidivici

Visit site
I have had very good (and fairly swift) results from Top spec cool conditioning cubes. All the horses we've used them on have responded well and I haven't found they have 'revved' any of them up (and there are a couple that we specifically wanted to avoid revving up at all costs!) and the nutritional values rate very favourably compared to similar products from other brands(I researched non-fizzy conditioning feeds quite a bit before trying them).