Non heating, low sugar feed for supplements

Tansibel

Visit site
I have a connemara x ish, he's 5 and was 614kg last time he was weighed. He's a very good doer, lives off fresh air but doesn't pile on weight either. He's currently on dengie hi fi molasses free (a scoop between two feeds) equine america pro-kalm and radiance gold supplement for sarcoid. I have only started giving him feed for the two supplements however have been told the dengie feed can send some horses mad? The gelding is generally laid back chap but when he gets overwhelmed hes a ticking time bomb and will explode. Curious what feeds people use to just give supplements? Non heating, as natural as possible and as sugar free as possible!

JenJ

Visit site
I have a connemara x ish, he's 5 and was 614kg last time he was weighed. He's a very good doer, lives off fresh air but doesn't pile on weight either. He's currently on dengie hi fi molasses free (a scoop between two feeds) equine america pro-kalm and radiance gold supplement for sarcoid. I have only started giving him feed for the two supplements however have been told the dengie feed can send some horses mad? The gelding is generally laid back chap but when he gets overwhelmed hes a ticking time bomb and will explode. Curious what feeds people use to just give supplements? Non heating, as natural as possible and as sugar free as possible!
Mine get a small amount of speedibeet for supplements.

With regard to you being told the dengie feed can send some horses mad, that may be true for some horses, but certainly not all! If your horse is happy on that feed, and you're happy with him on that feed, you don't need to change just because some horses aren't happy on it.

cauda equina

Visit site
Mine get their supplements in Simple System HayCare
It's 100% Timothy, soaks to a mash and is less than 10% sugar and starch combined

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Soaked Baileys natural meadow cobs. An Agrobs Wiesencobs copy, but easier to source.

Half a small mugful of dried cobs pre soaked for 12 hours in 3 times the volume of water.

ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS​

• Digestible Energy6MJ//kg
  • Protein9%
  • Oil2.0%
  • Fibre30%
  • Ash11%
  • Starch2.2%
  • Sugar7.8%
  • Starch and sugar levels may vary due to the natural nature of the product.

Peglo

Visit site
We’ve always used dengie hifi chaff and none of ours has ever gone silly on it.

I also use dengie hifi molasses free for my very good doer. I changed to grass chaff a couple of years ago (to see if it would help with itchiness. It didn’t) and her coat lost her shine and I didn’t think she did so well on it. She eats her Hifi with her supplements happily.