non horsey hubby......

seaview

Visit site
Wants to show 3 year Old at RDS Dublin in Aug!

he keeps saying he will do it for me but the joke is I never brought it up in first place (had only intended showing her next year under saddle!)

She is well bred out of my TB mare and by Crosstown Dancer but I have never been that keen on showing in hand some say they would be more inclined to rear after that???

WHat would you do, she has the quality and he is not afriad in any way but i have never shown in hand before and it would definitely be a new experience!

Opinions please????

Nat
xxx

Rambo

Visit site
Let him do it ! He wants to, and it's a step in the right direction for him
smile.gif

Accy

Visit site
I had never tried in hand showing untill, last year and to be totally honest I quite enjoyed the expereince with my youngster and think it did him a lot of good..

if you have nothing to loose then i would say go for it and let him have a go

juliebrewer

Visit site
Let him do it, nice that he wants too. Go to some small local shows first to get the hang of it and to see how your horse is as well. More parties your horse can go to the better!!

filly190

Visit site
I would let him do it, suggest going to watch a show first so he knows what to expect. Men are quite competative and you may find this really sparks a keen interest with him. I think its lovely that he wants to get involved, we all started somewhere. I think its the taking part, having a great day out and good experience for your horse that counts.

ColleenIsh

EVERY THING IS POSSIBLE
[ QUOTE ]
Wants to show 3 year Old at RDS Dublin in Aug!

he keeps saying he will do it for me but the joke is I never brought it up in first place (had only intended showing her next year under saddle!)

She is well bred out of my TB mare and by Crosstown Dancer but I have never been that keen on showing in hand some say they would be more inclined to rear after that???

WHat would you do, she has the quality and he is not afriad in any way but i have never shown in hand before and it would definitely be a new experience!

Opinions please????

Nat
xxx

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiya seaview My hubbie is exactly the same, he is non horsey and will be showing our yearling filly inhand this year at balmoral ( ahh 7wks away) ...

He is non horsey and is doing it for me and my friend who part owns her .

Let him do it, gets them out as far as the rearing is concerned , never heard anything like that
confused.gif

seaview

Visit site
Its probably an old wives tale or such like but I was always told not to show inhand as you never sees the ones that have done really well go well under saddle!

I will do a couple before hand but she is broken do you think that would affect things?

I am not new to showing as have competed for years and a big part of me wants to take her as her mummy was Reserve Champion with me there but another big part of me just wants to leave her in a field till she is ready to go out under saddle!

Like I said I think a big part of him wnats in on the fun too but typical man he "will show her if I insist" LOL

Nat
x

ColleenIsh

EVERY THING IS POSSIBLE
Hubbie is just probably doing it to shut me up ... not really anything to do with enthusiasm :p

Will not do her any harm at all .... If anything would up her value always another acheivement under her belt so to speak xx

Good luck hope to see you there as we are hopefully going to show missy in the yearling class at dublin .... depending on qualifiers :p

Is there a qualifier for your class ?

seaview

Visit site
nope is there one for yours???

Value doesnt really come into it as she will always stay with me lol!

She is my first born lol!

Mickey your coloured is stunning!!!

Nat

buzzles

Visit site
Maybe let him bring the horse to a local show and do an inhand class? Might give you an idea of how the horse will behave and give hubby a taste of showing so he can see if he really wants to do it! I wouldn't worry about the rearing- Ive never heard of that-maybe if the horses are over shown? I reckon it's probably a good idea to take the youngsters out as it's a good experience for them. I might do some in hand classes this year with my 2 year old connemara for that reason, just to educate him in the big bad world!!