Non horsey OH strikes again ...

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
... I took him with me to the local feed store and he, admittedly very generously, tried to buy me a filly slip for one of my minis when I was in the back of the shop looking for feed balancer. I'm not exactly sure what he said to the girls behind the counter but they were both giggling at him. All I heard was him going on about the 'headband' and the 'nuzzle'. What was he trying to explain? He refuses to discuss the matter and has bought me something that approximates the showing slip I was after, albeit not quite. I had to lead him out of the shop by his elbow to the sound of laughter from both assistants. Can I show my face in there again next month?!!!

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
His heart is in the right place, though.

You are right but I don't want the staff to think that I am a complete idiot who shouldn't be allowed to have horses :eek: Pearl, he was only with me because he'd dropped his car off for a service just up the road and needed me to take him back home.

Fools Motto

Visit site
I think mine would have stayed in the car, so at least he is trying to be helpful and enthusiastic. Probably the highlight of the sales assistants' day.

mums the groom

Visit site
I like sending mine to the tack shop with my daughter, she knows what I want and then she gets what she wants, daddy wrapped round little finger I think. its great near Xmas I show her what I want and she says Daddy …..

Annagain

Visit site
Reminds me of the round I put into our riding club quiz. It was called Tickle My Tack. A Non-horsey member of each team had to stick their hand into a box to 'tickle' a piece of tack and then describe it to their horsey team mates who had to identify it. The resulting descriptions were hilarious - the old fashioned fly fringe with tassles was the best!

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Reminds me of the round I put into our riding club quiz. It was called Tickle My Tack. A Non-horsey member of each team had to stick their hand into a box to 'tickle' a piece of tack and then describe it to their horsey team mates who had to identify it. The resulting descriptions were hilarious - the old fashioned fly fringe with tassles was the best!

I can imagine a more expert version of this game with two randomly chosen bits in a sack. With your left hand, if you're right handed (right hand if you're left handed), you have to put your hand in the bag and identify them.

Guess what the game would be called.

Ceriann

Visit site
You should encourage his enthusiasm! I only had to get my OH within sniffing distance of a well known West Midlands tack shop and he would turn into a serious grump. He’s mellowed a lot and now loves the neddies and is generally pretty invaluable around the yard.

Snowy Celandine

Visit site
Thanks everyone for the reassurance that I will still be able to show my face in the shop, ha ha. I think I've got my own back on him this evening by insisting that we were imminently going to be abducted by aliens and insisting that we try to track down the source of the peculiar bright white light swinging back and forth in the sky!!