non horsey people that have horsey experiences......

happyhack

Visit site
These are my favourite people in the word I think!!!

I have met about 20 different people with the same story.

"They put me on the big horse because they thought I could handle it, and then they slapped its bum and it galloped off with me, they were really impressed that I stayed on and managed to stop it!"

algy666

www.bebo.com
Lol, I get people telling me that all the time as well, they must all have gone to the same place ...
wink.gif

Tinkerbee

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
These are my favourite people in the word I think!!!

I have met about 20 different people with the same story.

"They put me on the big horse because they thought I could handle it, and then they slapped its bum and it galloped off with me, they were really impressed that I stayed on and managed to stop it!"

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
Sounds like my OH's horsey experience...
smirk.gif
grin.gif

And I'd been talking about the new pony (13.2hh) and the fact that its a titchy wee thing, brought him to see it... "Bloody hell its huge! I thought you said it was small..."

And hes 6ft+ bless him
smirk.gif
he nearly pooped himself when he saw the eventers
grin.gif

Hippona

Visit site
A friend of mine once went horse-riding whilst on holiday in Spain.....whilst wearing a boob-tube (long time ago
blush.gif
)...

....after lots of sitting/wobbling trot.....she arrived back at the yard with the afore-mentioned boob-tube around her waist, she was too scared to let go of anything else in order to pull it back up.....
shocked.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Sat here giggling away to myself now.....
laugh.gif

algy666

www.bebo.com
[ QUOTE ]
And I'd been talking about the new pony (13.2hh) and the fact that its a titchy wee thing, brought him to see it... "Bloody hell its huge! I thought you said it was small..."

And hes 6ft+ bless him
smirk.gif
he nearly pooped himself when he saw the eventers
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, my OH was the same when he met Dylan (who I always refer to as 'the fat midget'), he was convinced he was enormous. He's 15.1 lol, and my OH is also 6ft+. Didn't even bother introducing him to the 17.2 IDX in the stable round the corner ...

Tinkerbee

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine once went horse-riding whilst on holiday in Spain.....whilst wearing a boob-tube (long time ago
blush.gif
)...

....after lots of sitting/wobbling trot.....she arrived back at the yard with the afore-mentioned boob-tube around her waist, she was too scared to let go of anything else in order to pull it back up.....
shocked.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Sat here giggling away to myself now.....
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

MrsElle

Visit site
OH apparently went on a pony trek in the Lakes a number of years ago, before I met him. He insists that the horse took off with him and jumped a huge fence and he stayed on. And everyone was ‘really impressed that I stayed on and managed to stop it!’ ………….
laugh.gif

Alimac19

Visit site
Not horsey but the same thing. I know someone who seriously expected me to believe that when he went to watch his mate motorbike speedway racing at Bellevue (Big speedway satium in Manchester) he was allowed to get on for a try. Yep you guessed it. He tried it for too long and the race started and he won!! All those people racing for years and he'd never done it before and he came first. My reply was just "REALLY!!!"

amycov

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Not horsey but the same thing. I know someone who seriously expected me to believe that when he went to watch his mate motorbike speedway racing at Bellevue (Big speedway satium in Manchester) he was allowed to get on for a try. Yep you guessed it. He tried it for too long and the race started and he won!! All those people racing for years and he'd never done it before and he came first. My reply was just "REALLY!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious!!!
Sounds like something one of my ex's dad would have said!!!

HenryandPeta

Visit site
LOL My Dad insists he went Western riding on "A really big bugger" out in Kansas and they spent hours galloping over the plains, yet when he first met my Henry (admittedly a 17hh HW hunter) he took a few steps back and hid in the feed barn!