Non proud dog owner moments…

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Just jokey!
I’ll start with my two this weekend.

Bertie, Mr P found his name tag off his collar in the dish washer filter when he was unbunging whatever was making it not work properly… whoops, so not like him to leave evidence.

Cec, refused to walk with him yesterday. I knew he would so myself and my daughter were watching out the window.
Was very excited to be going walking then realised I wasn’t going too so changed his mind.
We watched him grab Cecil and carry a little ginger bottom and tail under his arm.
I said to daughter, give it 5
Sure enough at great speed he arrived back home. Safe from his near kidnap ordeal 😂
We got a text to say the f’ing terrier was heading home.
He’ll never get stolen anyway

Last edited:

Boulty

Visit site
I mean if I started I probably wouldn’t stop but in the last week alone the Hooligan has mouthed off at another dog that dared to walk down HIS street (although Horrid swears it’s HIS street! The large black cat down the road begs to differ), jumped in a lake whilst on lead in the millisecond I wasn’t paying attention, rolled in duck/goose poo, been so determined to sniff another dog’s (belonging to a friend that he was enjoying some rare off lead time with) arse that it peed on his head, got himself covered in filth up to his elbows from charging around the garden barking at nothing… I’m sure there’s more!

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
Doggo thinks it's his street too and is teaching pup the ways of 'neighbourhood watch' where you sit on the back of the couch at the bay window and bark at anyone who dares walk by. One faces to the left, the other face to the right.

The two of them are comical, look at each other as if to say they shouldn't be here will we tell them? Then the cacophony starts.

God forbid the postman were to deliver post! All hell breaks loose!

Pup has figured out how to watch TV too.

Sits up on my knee tilting his head. It's especially exciting (and barkworthy) when there's cows, horses or sheep on TV.

I'm Dun

Visit site
Absolutely delighted with himself!

434289350_392285163740911_1933530693610262376_n.jpg

Janique

Visit site
My Basset hound Nouille is very good at making me look bad....

She loves going into the forest on a long line to hunt and can go on for hours, into bushes and following scent.

But as soon as i have to go back to the car, she walks very very slowly, looking miserable, about a hundred years old
and act like she is completly exhausted and can't walk any faster than a snail..

Yesterday, some people asked me how she was and commented on how tired and miserable she looked...

A little piece of cheese usually helps her to cheer up and jump into the car !

pistolpete

Visit site
My Basset hound Nouille is very good at making me look bad....

She loves going into the forest on a long line to hunt and can go on for hours, into bushes and following scent.

But as soon as i have to go back to the car, she walks very very slowly, looking miserable, about a hundred years old
and act like she is completly exhausted and can't walk any faster than a snail..

Yesterday, some people asked me how she was and commented on how tired and miserable she looked...

A little piece of cheese usually helps her to cheer up and jump into the car !
My friends basset would just lie down when he didn’t want to go further! So stubborn!

Boulty

Visit site
Mine got himself so mucky from constant puddle wading today that he’s still not clean after a bath & he was wearing a coat! He also rolled in goose poo, tried to lunge at / chase several joggers (but thought better of it when told to leave it… progress of a sort I suppose), frustration barked at seagulls & ducks that he couldn’t chase cos he was on lead, made several attempts to get himself run over by my friends pram by deciding he suddenly had to swap sides to sniff something and running directly towards the pram was more appropriate than going around. To top this off he tried to swipe friend’s child’s ice cream because after about 20 mins of good sitting next to me quietly behaviour we clearly relaxed too much (I didn’t think he could reach where child was from where he was tied up apparently that’s what he wanted me to believe and I was wrong). Just another day of him living the thug life 🙈 He’d probably be better if I was the only person who walked him alas I am stuck in the rut where I fix / correct things & then my mother teaches him more bad habits that he picks the worst moment to show off to me!

ArklePig

Visit site
Fodhla stole one of my mam's Christmas cushions from the hot press yesterday and absolutely massacred it. She cannot resist anything velvety and stuffed.
I heard the tell tale sound of back teeth on stitching and went running but it was too late. Miraculously, we'll be invited back and my parents still think she's a great girl all together.

Also convinced my dad she needed a wee but she actually just wanted to go out and bark at next doors dog who comes to visit my dad every day.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
My friends basset would just lie down when he didn’t want to go further! So stubborn!
My sister had one years ago. She was the same. Once she decided she wasn't going somewhere she'd flop on the floor and that was that! She would do it in the house all the time refusing to go out in the rain or whatever!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I see your paws in the water bowl and raise you... Brought a frog in and put it in the water bowl🤦

ETA, picture of poor relocated frog:
View attachment 136849
We had a little Cairn terrier when i was younger, she regularly used to bring toads in. she'd then spend ages frothing at the mouth because of them. She could find a toad everywhere and anywhere.

Identityincrisis

Visit site

Haha yes, it’s known as a flat basset 🤣 we had 2 bassets and they are the most comical but naughty dogs! You definitely need a sense of humour to have them 🥰

Our ‘good’ basset was only ‘good’ because the other was soooo naughty!!

Boulty

Visit site
Cameo appearance from Horrid (this should probs be on the worst thing cats done thread but oh well!) on whom I’ve just discovered his 3rd set of fight wounds in the last 6 weeks. (2 of them have required bringing him to work for actual treatment) Right next to his one remaining eye 🤷‍♀️. Tiny bit of pus out when I pulled the scabs off but doesn’t seem to have formed a proper abscess (yet!). Attacked with leukillin and put some random Remend drops in just in case it’s scratched the eye (which currently appears amazingly ok). Will see how it looks in the morning & see if I can nick a pipette of dye from work to check for ulcers (obv if it looks worse / like there’s an actual eye infection brewing he’ll be dragged to work with me… again!).

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
We had a little Cairn terrier when i was younger, she regularly used to bring toads in. she'd then spend ages frothing at the mouth because of them. She could find a toad everywhere and anywhere.
Oh yes, we have so many toads here that mine have all gone through specific 'thou shalt never touch the toads on pain of death' training 😅.

Phoebe (who is the frog waterbowl culprit) is actually very good at leaving alone slightly bigger creatures but tiny moving things she has a strange fascination with. Her main subject of interest is worms, which is irritating enough, but tiny juvenile frogs (this incident was last year) is very not cool.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Idris humped the Amazon delivery guys leg yesterday. Thankfully he was a sensible one, and just laughed and pushed him off!
Totally off topic, I know we had the same thing with Idris and Bert having the sh*ts on Skinners chicken puppy but both did well on Skinners duck Junior. Have you switched him to adult food?
I tried mixing some of our older labs adult skinners and we reverted to water poo. Back on the Junior duck and all is good again. What are you using?
Dog food is so expensive I'm hesitant to go buying sacks to try and set him off again and end up throwing it out as I've done several times now!