Nonsense posts on Facebook

CBFan

Visit site
I don't usually go in for this sort of thing but they do make me giggle!!!

The funniest one I have see to date is a photo of a horse lying down, with the question 'How old do you think he is?'.... PMSL :D :D :D

Any better ones out there?

Carrots&Mints

Visit site
I don't usually go in for this sort of thing but they do make me giggle!!!

The funniest one I have see to date is a photo of a horse lying down, with the question 'How old do you think he is?'.... PMSL :D :D :D

Any better ones out there?

The coloured one led down? I was thinking thats abit of a bizarre post!! lol

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
There seems to be a lot of adverts depicting what can only be decsribed as a tangled mass of presumbly leather items, ropes etc captioned "PM for details on individual items"

Usually followd by people posting "Do you have.." and then the OP cmplaining about people asking for stuff she "clearly" doesn't have.

my sentiments exactly TFF

SpringArising

Visit site
There's a girl on the 'Project horses and ponies for sale' page who is forever advertising her 'Anderlusian'. Not sure I can be bothered for the wrath that will occur if I correct her.

CBFan

Visit site
There's a girl on the 'Project horses and ponies for sale' page who is forever advertising her 'Anderlusian'. Not sure I can be bothered for the wrath that will occur if I correct her.

Oh!!! that's the other one!! Spelling mistakes!! there is one site which is full of them. Literally every other post has a very obvious error in the spelling of a breed or some obvious term...

Kezzabell2

Visit site
Someone looking for a sharer for a nice guy, backed one yr ago. Turned away and hasn't been restarted. So she wants someone experienced to share as she has no time

Makes me angry coz my horse is the same age and I've spent a fortune getting him schooled and having lessons

Why do people think they can get help for free? Or even take money from someone else for their help

rowan666

Visit site
ive just seen one on horse chit chat of someone stating that they are "new to horsey world and just bought a hackney pony"!! done all the ground work ie brushing and walking!?! and asking hw they break it in!?!!! im all for people asking questions and novices seeking advice, for which they shouldnt be shot down but words fail me on this one :(

only_me

Visit site
I see so many wanted ads that read "wanted: 15-15.2 gelding or mare 6-9 years old, must be completely bombproof, a novice ride, safe to hack on its own, must be able to jump 1m sj and xc and be well schooled dressage. Must be sound and no other issues and snaffle mouthed. Good home waiting. Would prefer if horse came with tack. Budget £1000"

Really? Who actually can get a horse like this for under 1k?? Dream on lol.

webble

Visit site
You also see people wanting this on loan!!

I see so many wanted ads that read "wanted: 15-15.2 gelding or mare 6-9 years old, must be completely bombproof, a novice ride, safe to hack on its own, must be able to jump 1m sj and xc and be well schooled dressage. Must be sound and no other issues and snaffle mouthed. Good home waiting. Would prefer if horse came with tack. Budget £1000"

Auslander

Visit site
I saw a fabulous one last night. Horse had what looked like burns on it's heels, surrounded by black sticky stuff. She was asking how horse had done it, and what to do. Someone said "Maybe hot asphalt", and she replied "Can I get that from a chemist"...

Marchogaeth

Visit site
Wanted adds are ridiculous!! -.-
I've seen a someone advertising for a 14.2-16hh gelding, aged between 7 and 13, that's must be completely bombproof and easy to do, be able to jump 1m SJ and 90cm XC. Schooled and working in an outline in walk, trot and canter. Good to load, clip, bath, catch and shoe, with no health problems or other issues. Must come with tack and a full wadrobe. Budget of 900...
^What planet are they on??

WelshD

Visit site
There seems to be a lot of adverts depicting what can only be decsribed as a tangled mass of presumbly leather items, ropes etc captioned "PM for details on individual items"

Usually followd by people posting "Do you have.." and then the OP cmplaining about people asking for stuff she "clearly" doesn't have.

my sentiments exactly TFF

lol

My faves are the ones that say 'giving up I have absolutely anything and everything for sale'

followed by:

Do you have any turnout rugs?
no
Do you have any bridles?
no
do you have any stirrups?
no

etc

etc

Ladyinred

Visit site
I saw someone advised to give their horse ad-lib hay or haylage... only for the answer "I have ordinary hay.. where do I get this ad-lib stuff?"

Defies belief.

muckypony

Visit site
I saw one the other day....

FREE
(Description of OK sounding horse)

Why is it free?
Owner - it isn't. PM for price.

Whaaa!??

I love how people are so secretive of prices. POA used to be code for too expensive, now it could be anything!

Araboo27

Visit site
lol

My faves are the ones that say 'giving up I have absolutely anything and everything for sale'

followed by:

Do you have any turnout rugs?
no
Do you have any bridles?
no
do you have any stirrups?
no

etc

etc

So funny! I love these, keep them coming!!!

Dunlin

Visit site
A few from the last couple of weeks;

Wanted, competion horse for me to compete in summer hols. Must jump 1.10m track, dressage and gymkhana. I am in the highest group at riding school and can bring your horse on for you. No bigger than 15hh please and must have transport available. In return for mucking out and grooming. (I can't be bothered to write this with all the atrocious spelling although that was the least of my worries!!)

Wanted draw rains. (I can draw a picture of some rain)

For sale; stallion, colts, RC pony, mare, shp all for sale due to being overstocked. Closely followed by an advert of wanted free or under £100, anything considered by the same person. I really detest conveyor belt dealers, especially unregistered ones!

glamourpuss

Visit site
I saw one the other day....

FREE
(Description of OK sounding horse)

Why is it free?
Owner - it isn't. PM for price.

Whaaa!??

I love how people are so secretive of prices. POA used to be code for too expensive, now it could be anything!

This isn't the sellers fault! If you don't fill in the price in the price section of a selling FB post it defaults to FREE

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
"SUPERSTAR/TOP COMPETITION PROSPECT/POTENTIAL WILL MAKE YOU FAMOUS ETC.!!!!!"
**5 headshots and 1 of it led down, if your lucky you'll get one of going round with its head in the air or a blurred beyond recognition pic of what could potentially be the horse or a gorilla jumping (at a guess) all of 2ft**

russianhorse

Visit site

I've literally just read one like this, but their maximum budget was £200 :/

fatpiggy

Visit site
I don't have anything to do with Facebook, thank God, but from what I can see, 80% of it is rubbish and of that, much is fake and put there by attention-seekers.

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
Sorry to be picking up on spelling, but do you both mean that the photos showed a horse lying down, or a horse that was being led in the photo, eg walking along, wearing a headcollar and leadrope with a person holding the leadrope?

Lying down, sometimes with a headcollar if your lucky. :p