Norfolk dressage peeps

birthday

Visit site
Hi all

Just wondered if anyone of you have heard of Nerys Leer? She is supposed to of competed to GP level dressage. I know a few people that have started to train with her but have yet to get round to seeing her teach.

Does anyone have any experience of her or recommend her? Comments would be great!

Thanks xx

birthday

Visit site
Wymondham area I believe, I tried to search for her on BD but there are no results registered...unless she competed a very long time go or something? :-S

Lolo

Visit site
Only ever seen her advertised with Harmony Dressage? Never seen her teach or heard her be recommended... But equally, we're more in the eventing side of things, and so might just be in the dark. Worth posting on 'all things horsey' I suppose?

Perfect_Pirouette

Visit site
I kept horses in Whymondham for a long ol time up until a few months ago and havent ever heard of her. However, if she has competed abroad and not over here then she won't have any BD results.

Might be worth trying her and seeing, you never know until you try. You can be guinea pig :p

birthday

Visit site
Yes I have had a few lessons with Sue before years ago. She is lovely but it didn't quite click with the training. Tessa is great I love her but its getting the time to travel to the lesson every time :( I was just seeing if there was someone of the same standard. But I will check out Nerys and if not I will stick with Tessa. :)

dressagediva0219

New User
Visit site
Various videos on youtube make me not want to train or recommend her- also from what i have seen in person, Shouting and generally being rude in the warm up arena at a competition i was at as well as seeing a lot of heavy handedness and see-sawing from her pupils. Also- no results for her anywhere, my friend has results dating back to 1995 on her bd records online, so they don't only stay on there for a certain amount of time - Nerys has none at all- that i can see. The pic on her site is from 70's/80's, when everything was totally different.

On the other hand- there a lot of good trainers round here that i have herd been recommended and have seen their success! Pippa Childerhouse, Elli Darling, The Fielders...

Burnttoast

Visit site
I know several people who swear by her and have seen her teach them; she also taught me for ten minutes when a friend who was having a lesson with her insisted I get on. Personally, she's not for me, nor a very experienced friend of mine.

Emil

New User
Visit site
I had the same experience as dressage diva - shouting and lots of see-sawing in the warm up arena (and same approach with a couple of horses...). Wasn't very impressed - esp since she had a 'classical trainer' t-shirt on!