Northampton people- I's like to ask a favour

JFTDWS

Visit site
39888233250_4dab96ced8_z.jpg

41695152841_61cc10a20b_z.jpg

Horse looks epic, but Ant, you seem to have changed a lot between these photos!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Hahaa well you either spotted it's a woman riding him in the second pic (Im on my coloured mare in the middle) or that I am a bit slimmer?

I was wondering if it was pre- and post- op ;)

I'm not rude enough to comment on your weight - only to make very questionable jokes!

Bernster

Visit site
Sorry to hear how bad your injury has been. That’s tough. Hopefully you’ll find something but otherwise I’d suggest Facebook groups, you could get a mate to post for you if you’re not active. You’ll get a fair amount of dross I suspect but you never know, a well worded post might find that right person. Think FB has replaced the old tack shop notice now. Or ask local instructors, who might know of something suitable?

I bet there are lots around you, but there are loads a bit too far out haha. You’d def be welcome to ride F who ain’t sharp at all, and is a good solid fella (apart from his penchant for walking xc courses) but I’m too far for you. Will be happy to bring him to MK or similar though and you could ride him for me, that would sort out my nerves and his confidence!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I'm always in the wrong area. There must be hundreds of horses within 10 miles of me that need some work. Finding them is the tricky bit now I'm out of the loop.

I'd love to have someone like you ride my horse, but can never find anyone reliable who knows what they're doing. If you ever move to Sussex, I'd snap you up in a second!

lula

Visit site
As some of you may know, I've been forced to take a break from horses due to injury. I thought I could just move on to other sports / activities and leave horse behind but not so. I seem to be constantly thinking about / missing riding. I guess 53 years in the saddle is hard to walk (or hobble) away from.
Two little problems atm. 1) I have no idea if I can still ride or to what level. 2) Majority of rides I've picked up from being on yards, word of mouth or when out competing which I no longer do.
A post on another thread from a couple of years ago made a good point.......
'The world is literally full of people who would love a competent rider to do stuff with their horse! They don't advertise as they cant be bothered with the hassle of teenagers etc but they are out there'
So here's the favor. If any one hears of someone or knows someone on their yard that could perhaps use my experience in some way please let me know.
I'm certainly not up to competing like I did before. I could possible manage a 90cm xc or 1mtr sj comp occasionally but week in week out is not going to be an option.
Really I'm thinking more of perhaps schooling a couple of times a week, exercising etc.
Type of horse is again going to be somewhat limited compared to pre injury. Horse that try to deck their rider are out. Anything else 16hh or above is a possibility.
As I said, having not sat on a horse for almost 12 months and still having some issue with my knees I really don't know what level or how often I can ride at now but have to find out for my sanity if nothing else.
All help much appreciated

Hi. I am in Brackley just off the A43 . Is that too far? I have a beautiful PRE x tb 16.2hh working at Elementary level that i can't always ride every day due to work. She needs an experienced rider and i haven't advertised for a sharer because i can't be bothered picking through a lot of unsuitable riders but if you aren't fixed up yet and you would like to hear more, please message me.

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Hi. I am in Brackley just off the A43 . Is that too far? I have a beautiful PRE x tb 16.2hh working at Elementary level that i can't always ride every day due to work. She needs an experienced rider and i haven't advertised for a sharer because i can't be bothered picking through a lot of unsuitable riders but if you aren't fixed up yet and you would like to hear more, please message me.
Will do. Brackley is a bit of a trek but if only once or twice a week then probably OK as I work that side of Northampton. I so used to riding (and therefore traveling to) a horse 6 or 7 days a week I'm still looking at distances in that light.
I'm really not sure yet if/how well I can now ride but should have a better idea after the weekend. That more than anything will determine the type of horse I can go for.