Norton Heath BD today

Quarrybank

Visit site
Well ...... a mixed day, but Q had only been schooled once (tues) for the last 2.5 weeks as he had a bit of a mishap & had fallen over on the yard, on the concrete
blush.gif
. V lucky boy as just skinned himself but was v stiff for 10 days or so.
Anyway, I'd entered today, so as he seemed ok tues, I decided to still go. He did an awful first test (I think he thought it might still hurt to work through his shoulder) He got a generous 60% and come 6th. However as I warmed up for his second test, he suddendly started to work properly. Much more forward & free. He did a much better 2nd test (apart from breaking in his counter canter
blush.gif
) Got 60% again but much harder marking & came 3rd. Overall v pleased with him & hopefully with a bit of work next week he'll be back to his best.
grin.gif

Jo C

Visit site
Sounds good well done, now if we can go as well tomorrow I will be pleased. Glad to hear he is ok after his fall.

Quarrybank

Visit site
They had BD today & then they've got Trailblazers 2nd rounds Sat & Sun. Novice & Elem Sat & then Prelims on Sunday. I think it's running over 2 days as they get so many entries- especially for the prelims

Quarrybank

Visit site
Ooooh very exciting. Let me know how it goes. It'll be really good to hear the judges viewpoint on what they're looking for.
Have fun.

Jo C

Visit site
Well going on the schooling tonight I doubt you will be willing to admit you know me. He is still really hanging on the right rein, I have had back, saddle and teeth checked and I'm running out of ideas but riding is not enjoyable at the moment. I still feel there is something wrong and it is not schooling related but don't really know where to go from here. Anyway look forward to seeing you tomorrow.