Nose Nets and riding????

devilinajar

Visit site
Does any one use the nose nets that attach to the bridle? How well do they work? Should i use anything else with it??
I have bought one for the mare i ride and just wondered what peoples opinions were of them!
blush.gif

posie_honey

Visit site
well - they mean i can ride my mare in the summer so i'd say they were pretty darn amazing
wink.gif
prior to a nose net her headshaking was so bad she was rearing with it and v v stressed unless she had her nose against something - all saddle/back/bridle etc checks done
i used the equilibrium one and it attaches via 4 velcro straps that go round the noseband
smile.gif

jacksmum

Visit site
I've just bought the Equilibrium one, which seems to be the best one, and horse hates it!
Tried it again this morning and he seriously hates it, so back to the drawing board for me
frown.gif

lillie07

Visit site
I use the Equilibrium one on Bailey for hacking as he hates the flies. It works a treat.

I don't school in it though as he isnt bothered if he has something else to concentrate on. You can't compete in them though without a Vets letter and I would worry that the horse would get a shock if you took it off just for comps.

lillie07

Visit site
Wobblybits- If you are using it for a pollen allergy have you tried rubbing a thick layer of Vaseline round the inside of his nostrils? My vet recommended this for a horse I used to compete and it made a huge difference
smile.gif

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
If you want to try a nosenet to see if it helps before shelling out to buy one, you can make one with an old pair of tights
smile.gif

Mind you, I had to get an old pair of tights from a friend, cos I never get my legs out of jodhpurs so don't have any tights
crazy.gif

gemjar82

Visit site
My horse wears one and its the best thing i own he is pretty unridable without it! I use a flash just on loose to keep it from blowing up i find it helps esp when going faster!

Britestar

Visit site
I use them on 2 horses with great success. Both are much happier with them on.

You no longer need vets notes to use them a Riding Club competitions.