Nose nets- help!

EllieBeast

Visit site
I’ve been very happily using the le Mieux comfort shield nose nets for the past few years for my mare who headshakes- these have been amazing as conform well around her upper muzzle and nostrils, don’t flip up out of the way and she’s totally comfortable and shake free whilst wearing it.

They seem to have stopped making them and we’ve just put a hole in our last one ?

I’m tempted to try and darn this one back together but if anyone has any tried and tested recommendations I’d be very grateful. Not equilibrium though- they’re very expensive considering how flimsy they are.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Have you actually used the equilibrium one? Mine has lasted 3 years so far and I still have the other two in the pack. Works perfectly for my mare and I didn’t think it was too pricy, I vaguely remember it being something like £25ish?

EllieBeast

Visit site
Thankyou :) yes, I have done. Unfortunately as part of my mares pollen irritation she will grab any opportunity to have a good old scratch on anything she can ?. I found the le mieux nets to stand the test of time much better than the equilibrium ones. But if I can’t find anything else that fits in the same way then I’ll just stock up on them/have to actually keep a close eye on what the b£gger is upto ?

asmp

Visit site
Isn’t there someone on eBay who makes them a lot cheaper? We bought one some time ago to fit a Micklem bridle and it’s doing the job

mavandkaz

Visit site
Can't help.with the fixing up. But I love the le mieux ones (equilibrium are just too flimsy) and am now concerned about not being able to get hold of any! Do you know if they have stopped making them, or is it a supply issue as places seem to be saying out of stock, rather then discontinued?
There is that shakeze one which is very sturdy, but not competition legal

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Thankyou :) yes, I have done. Unfortunately as part of my mares pollen irritation she will grab any opportunity to have a good old scratch on anything she can ?. I found the le mieux nets to stand the test of time much better than the equilibrium ones. But if I can’t find anything else that fits in the same way then I’ll just stock up on them/have to actually keep a close eye on what the b£gger is upto ?
I think this company have taken over that pattern?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183927482331?hash=item2ad2eea7db:g:r2wAAOSw7AFdX5Nc

EllieBeast

Visit site
Can't help.with the fixing up. But I love the le mieux ones (equilibrium are just too flimsy) and am now concerned about not being able to get hold of any! Do you know if they have stopped making them, or is it a supply issue as places seem to be saying out of stock, rather then discontinued?
There is that shakeze one which is very sturdy, but not competition legal

I know, I panicked when I realised they were out of stock everywhere! A lot of places have been out of stock since April which is slightly concerning

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
I know, I panicked when I realised they were out of stock everywhere! A lot of places have been out of stock since April which is slightly concerning
LeMieux stopped doing some boots I was trying to buy and they became universally unavailable - then suddenly, they were everywhere. Might be a manufacturing thing? Call them!