Nose Nets

Fools Motto

Visit site
What (in your own opinion) are the best ones to use?
To fit a wide cob cavesson nose band.

And on that matter, is it possible to make your own, perhaps using an old pair of tights or something similar, just to 'try something before you buy'. I've been told sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't?!
Or, can you ride in a full face fly mask - does that have the same ish effect?

MuddyMonster

Visit site
They've really helped my boy whose a mild, seasonal head shaker. He doesn't headshake at all when wearing one.

The last few years I've used Equilibrium nose nets, but we lost the velcro that wraps around the noseband & sticks to the nose net on a pub ride (I'd had it 2 years prior to this). I've taken a punt & ordered the HKM version that are under £10 - mainly as I still have two Equilibrium nose nets, so can use those with the velcro from the HKM if need be.

I use a hunter style cavesson noseband & not had any problems with it fitting - there was lots of adjustment in it before we lost it on the last gallop :D

mavandkaz

Visit site
I use the le mieux ones. They have quite a wide strip of velcro to go around the nose band so should fit over your noseband. I find that they are a better shape than the equilibrium ones, which I found also flicked about when he head shakes.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
What (in your own opinion) are the best ones to use?
To fit a wide cob cavesson nose band.

And on that matter, is it possible to make your own, perhaps using an old pair of tights or something similar, just to 'try something before you buy'. I've been told sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't?!
Or, can you ride in a full face fly mask - does that have the same ish effect?

I need to get to get one for pony as she has been diagnosed with mild asthma. I am in favour of them, I have two pairs of full ones but ponio needs extra small

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I use the le mieux ones. They have quite a wide strip of velcro to go around the nose band so should fit over your noseband. I find that they are a better shape than the equilibrium ones, which I found also flicked about when he head shakes.

Just seen that one I like it as mine I had trouble with getting it over the flash noseband centre bit, mine was equilibrium one thing is I don't know if the small is small enough for my welsh A

holeymoley

Visit site
I started off with the equilibrium ones about 10years ago when they first came out. They're quite fine so can rip easily but they were good. I then got HkM ones which was good too but a lot more firm. I think the last lot I've had are quite cheap off eBay.

Regandal

Visit site
Not a nose net, but I use a ride-on full face net in the summer. By Cashel. Horse is a photo-sensitive headshaker and this stops it completely.

RamblingRosa

Visit site
I use a shires fine mesh full face mask with nose piece. It stops the headshaking just get a bigger size to go over your bridle. I also use one in the field to limit exposure to pollen.

mavandkaz

Visit site
Just seen that one I like it as mine I had trouble with getting it over the flash noseband centre bit, mine was equilibrium one thing is I don't know if the small is small enough for my welsh A

You may struggle to get one small enough. My boy is a 16hh TB. I originally bought a large, but it was too long, so he is now in a medium. To be fair the large works fine, just looks a bit big and I still use it for hacking.there is a little bit of wiggle room as you can adjust the length a bit as the velcro bits are so big.

Hipo

Visit site
I use the le Mieux ones on my Exmoor, ideally they would be a bit smaller, but work well. She doesn't head shake, but is affected by the pollen and wants to rub her face on her leg all the time hacking when not wearing it.

JDH01

Visit site
The le mieux ones work on a wide cob noseband, I have just bought one of the equilibrium riding face masks and it is fab and actually working. Also started Hilton herbs shake no more gold which also seems to help

Rosie'smum

Visit site
Im another fan of the le mieux ones. They are sturdy enough to stay in place if horse shakes head about. I had to get a different one for my micklem which im not as impressed by as moves and annoys my horse. I use it for turn out too.
Only problem I find is they do come up a bit big, even with adjusting it to the tightest on the velcro.