Nostalga -- old magazines

SpringArising

Visit site
the hacking jacket thread has set me off. remember Pony magazine and Light Horse? I loved them.

Yes! I had a subscription to Pony Mag for years and years, and still have about twenty that are unwrapped. I have so many in a box somewhere but can't bring myself to throw them away. I used to love Horse + Pony too, although it was never as good as Pony Mag.

WelshD

Visit site
I remember Pony magazine very well, I had a paper round and used to exhaust myself for 5 days on a paper round that seemed to be about four thousand miles a week and used to get paid with pony magazines rather than money!

gingernut81

Visit site
I remember Pony magazine. My favourite as a pony mad child was Your Pony. I don't know if anyone else remembers it? It was a cartoon/comic type mag. It's main "character" was a pony called Rascal.

Ladyinred

Visit site
I liked Riding mag. Dad used to buy it at the station each month and surreptitiously slip it to me when mother wasn't around. If he was feeling really generous he would get a Light Horse too. I even won a competition in Riding when I was about 12/13, but got in a whole lot of bother because I had to give my address for the prize (10/- !) and mother discovered what we had been doing :(

TPO

Visit site
I used to get Pony and Horse & Pony; I prefered H&P. My younger sister got Your Pony so I used to sneak a read of it.

My best friend got Horse Sense magazine so we all used to borrow each others.

The good old days!

lewis2015

Visit site
Ah yes, Horse Sense with the binder :) I think I ruined it by cutting all the pictures out at one point to decorate my school planner. I couldn't be trusted to keep anything nice :/

I got a pang of nostalgia the other day when I saw the Julip 'Freddie from H&P' model on Ebay! Actually nearly bought as it's quite rare and I've kept all my Julips/ Grand Champions/ Breyers/ Flocks to give to my niece when she's older :)

Double_choc_lab

Visit site
I remember that Pony in the 70s and 70s had a green band at the top. There used to be a little story about a young girl and her pony but the name escapes me.

Also got a penfriend from there as they used to have ads for friends in each edition

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
I remember that Pony in the 70s and 70s had a green band at the top. There used to be a little story about a young girl and her pony but the name escapes me.

Also got a penfriend from there as they used to have ads for friends in each edition

I thought it was blue but my memory is pants!
Riding mag was green wasn't it.

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
Yes, I remember this one - I liked it but I don't think it lasted very long at all?

It was incorporated into Your Horse after a few copies, shame really because I found Your Horse to be really boring.

I had every horse magazine I could find as a teen, all my pocket money went on them. I remember Pony, Horse and Pony and Horse Sense. Think I had a full set of horse sense at one point but got rid of them some time in my 20's.

pennyturner

Visit site
My 9yo daughter is reading all of the 'Pony for Jill' books - original 1970s paperbacks, with paper that's now almost yellow.
She's loving them, and it makes me feel a little giddy just watching her.